• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Vinland Saga Anime's Subtitled Promo Reveals More Cast, 24-Episode Run, July 6 Debut

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donhumberto

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:10 am Reply with quote
Shocked Shocked OK, I'm in love. I'll be extremely surprised if this doesn't end in my year top 3. This looks spectacular. So glad to see we are getting it so soon (I was convinced it would be a Fall show) and it's going to be 2 cour. Summer can't come soon enough.
Terrible90sDub

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:44 am Reply with quote
A couple of those aren't the first choices for VAs I would've gone with, but hopefully I've just never heard them in demanding roles before and they'll be able to pull off the range required.

On the plus side, the trailer looks amazing and it's airing much sooner than I expected! The manga is so wonderfully detailed that I was curious if they'd even be able to transfer it without losing that.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:52 am Reply with quote
Yeah, summer is looking to shine this year.
pikkuhukka

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:51 am Reply with quote
24 eps, fudge yeah
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:23 am Reply with quote
Yeah, the best christian manga is becoming the best christian anime; glad ot see they are making emphasis on the christian themes from the start. I was expecting some lameish cg, like God Eater, I am glad too see it still has that handdrawn feel.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:05 am Reply with quote
I like the character designs, but there is something off with the environments, backgrounds look too artificial.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:49 am Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
Yeah, the best christian manga is becoming the best christian anime; glad ot see they are making emphasis on the christian themes from the start. I was expecting some lameish cg, like God Eater, I am glad too see it still has that handdrawn feel.

Care to elaborate, there may be some vaque christian themes in there somewhere, but otherwise I don't see it and neither is it mentioned anywhere.

That time in Norden(Denmark, Sweden, Norway) people still had their old gods and Christendom had only just made its first baby steps there. England might have been christened at that point, but that aspect isn't touched upon in the series either and it's also quite doubtful the people had yet let go of their celtic mythology at that point. Oh, as we're talking about Britain at that point in time, throw in the Romans and their influence too for good measure...

If you're referring to the morals aspect, then sorry to correct you but morals aren't exclusive to religion, or to any one religion...
Vizo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:17 am Reply with quote
The manga is cool but I fell off of it so I'll be checking this out.

I never imagined it would look this good. I wonder how many arcs they'll cover in 24 episodes. They did have long chapters.
Ruddor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:24 am Reply with quote
They found the perfect person to voice Thorkell. Now everyone will be able to fully appreciate the true Best Boy.
jdnation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:50 am Reply with quote
Looks awesome!

The source material is really good, so with good production this could be one for the ages!
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Wit Studio is animating it; it was bound to look good. I know almost nothing about the manga, but this trailer gave me Attack on Titan vibes.
Zeino

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:45 pm Reply with quote
I remember that the first trailer had some very iffy looking CGI in it that gave me some concerns. But this? To hell with my previous cautious optimism. I'm fully aboard the hype train now. Let's actually go.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Zeino wrote:
I remember that the first trailer had some very iffy looking CGI in it that gave me some concerns. But this? To hell with my previous cautious optimism. I'm fully aboard the hype train now. Let's actually go.

Agree. Compared to for example Berserk this is on another level. Smile I just hope they can deliver, and not only for one or two episodes...
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Looks great. My only reservation is the fact that it'll be on Amazon, so no simuldub, and if it ever gets dubbed, it probably won't be allowed on Toonami or streamed at all...
Zeino

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:07 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
Looks great. My only reservation is the fact that it'll be on Amazon, so no simuldub, and if it ever gets dubbed, it probably won't be allowed on Toonami or streamed at all...

I thought that Funimation had a partnership with Wit that gave them full distribution rights to their shows?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2