• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Garo: Vanishing Line part 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:20 pm Reply with quote
I said it before, but Vanishing Line is definitely my favorite of the Garo anime. The animation isn't as experimental as The Animation, but it's still good enough that I actually said, "Woah" out loud during the big fight in episode 1.

And yeah, it would be totally fine to jump in with this one, although there were some nods to prior works that are obviously more fun if it isn't your first Garo.
Codeanime93

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:08 pm Reply with quote
I watched the original Hoshin Engi (Soul Hunter) anime some time ago, didn't like it so I probably wouldn't like the new anime any better from the sounds of things. If I can remember I thought Soul Hunter's tone was all over the place at times and some of the story was confusing. But that was just my perspective watching the show, also had one too many climaxes to it. And the only character I particularly cared for was Ko Hiko.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
I said it before, but Vanishing Line is definitely my favorite of the Garo anime. The animation isn't as experimental as The Animation, but it's still good enough that I actually said, "Woah" out loud during the big fight in episode 1.

And yeah, it would be totally fine to jump in with this one, although there were some nods to prior works that are obviously more fun if it isn't your first Garo.

Totally agree. I freaking loved Vanishing Line. I'd put it as my favorite as well.

I too would strongly recommend this as a great starter for new viewers to try Garo, especially if one prefers a more modern/scifi setting to the fantasy one of the also great first show, plus it's also really extra western friendly in many ways from content to fantastic dub, as mentioned in the review.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 10:08 am Reply with quote
I've been meaning to finish Vanishing Line, but I got wrapped up in other things. I've also bee waiting for both sets to come out so I can just buy them at once (though I wouldn't put it past Funi to release them as one set a few months to a year down the road).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1