• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - August 5, 2019

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CatSword

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
0-year-old virgin

Well, I'd hope a 0-year-old would be a virgin, Yokai Girls. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Wonder if anyone has read Ryuko, interested to know how the story and art is.

Blurb said she was forced to kill her father, wonder if her father was a bad guy and that is why she killed him, or was she blackmailed into killing him, or else her mother would die. The first one would be kinda boring, the latter more interesting, especially since the blurb also said it was a morally complicated world. Though I am not really into the trope of killing innocent people because you are forced or blackmailed into it. Would kill any nice thoughts about the character for me.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:59 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
Wonder if anyone has read Ryuko, interested to know how the story and art is.

Blurb said she was forced to kill her father, wonder if her father was a bad guy and that is why she killed him, or was she blackmailed into killing him, or else her mother would die. The first one would be kinda boring, the latter more interesting, especially since the blurb also said it was a morally complicated world. Though I am not really into the trope of killing innocent people because you are forced or blackmailed into it. Would kill any nice thoughts about the character for me.

Apparently, spoiler[she killed her father when she found out he made a deal with some corrupt general to sell drugs and turned on the King of some country when a rebellion broke out (even though the King was good to him).] This is from the preview pages on amazon. Art also looks nice.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1