• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: One Piece Anime's English Dub to Return With Episode 575

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:20 pm Reply with quote
They'd better record faster than 13 episodes each 3 months, otherwise they'll never shrink the gap. Also releasing the Dvds in groups of 25-26 would be a lot better than the single-cour Dvds, given it's such a lengthy show.

Last edited by LegitPancake on Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:23 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
They'd better record faster than 13 episodes each 3 months, otherwise they'll never shrink the gap. Also releasing the Dvds in groups of 26-26 would be a lot better than the single-cour Dvds, given it's such a lengthy show.

They said in the video they would be dubbing faster than ever with multiple teams working on it. Sounds like they plan to do a real hard catch up of the series this go around.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:46 pm Reply with quote
"It's been 84 years..."
Custom Apex

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
"It's been 84 years..."

Really? That's how long it took for Funimation to continue dubbing One Piece?
Custom Apex

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:54 pm Reply with quote
How can I get into One Piece if you need something to get down to the point of the story in the manga?
Ultimate N

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Funnily enough I actually knew this was gonna happen. I mean when you really take a step back and think about it it does make sense. Funimation wanted to take some time and focus on dubbing all the TV specials that came out, so they decided to take a short break from the show to do that. I mean since they don't simuldub One Piece they gotta take a little more time with the show so they decided to instead focus on the other properties they had yet to cover. Now they've finished all the specials so of course they're gonna continue the dub. I mean it's not like they didn't have the rights to the series anymore.
DavetheUsher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:58 pm Reply with quote
575? 7 years behind Japan? Ouch Laughing

Ultimate N wrote:
Funnily enough I actually knew this was gonna happen. I mean when you really take a step back and think about it it does make sense. Funimation wanted to take some time and focus on dubbing all the TV specials that came out, so they decided to take a short break from the show to do that. I mean since they don't simuldub One Piece they gotta take a little more time with the show so they decided to instead focus on the other properties they had yet to cover. Now they've finished all the specials so of course they're gonna continue the dub. I mean it's not like they didn't have the rights to the series anymore.

I figured it was a Conan situation. The TV series itself doesnt sell but the stand alone movies and specials do okay so they're safe to dub.

Guess we'll see if they go on another year long hiatus after this batch.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Yet they still haven’t touched the earlier movies...
TheConqueror

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:51 pm Reply with quote
I've been waiting for the dub for so long. Hopefully they will dub the episodes faster now. We should have been in dressrosa by now:(
Cain Highwind

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:57 pm Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
Yet they still haven’t touched the earlier movies...

This is what bugs me. Like come ooooooon Funimation. At least do Episode of Chopper to complete the other remake specials.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:09 am Reply with quote
I have to wonder if Toei is simply not making the older One Piece movies available for license for some reason.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:35 am Reply with quote
If Manga UK can license and release them (sub-only), then so can FUNi, and Toei ALWAYS gives the UK the short end of the stick.
Moontei

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:39 am Reply with quote
I'm just hoping now that we'll be getting more voyage/collection releases that maybe Funi can grace us with more of those sweet, sweet collection box sets.

Last edited by Moontei on Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
ShiningDiamond

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:17 am Reply with quote
I am actually hoping that they scrap the Voyages and just release Collections from now on. I have always been getting the Voyages and have every Voyage released so far. However, I would be willing to re-buy them in Collection format if they start releasing Collection only from here on out.

Less shelf space as well. Either way, I am just pumped that they are putting out new episodes finally.
RevyHenriettaRider

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:16 am Reply with quote
Hello! Cool

I am really happy that they are going to go back and dub more of One Piece. I am starting to get caught back up on my watching again. I look forward to the new dubbed episodes. I hope that one day they will dub the earlier movies too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2