• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: My Hero Academia the Movie -Heroes: Rising-

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marakutanay

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Given the fact that our young heroes have no choice but to go all out or die, this film should really end with some kids in trauma counseling after committing their first murders.

Wouldn't that be considered kind of a big spoiler? I'm pretty sure no hero has killed anyone in the entire series so this comes as a really big surprise.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:30 pm Reply with quote
^He's saying they DON'T kill anyone, but that the apparent power/impact of some of these fights would, realistically, lead to some of the villains being killed.

Personally I'm fine with that, since MHA has always worked on some very loose cartoon physics for this stuff where people can get launched through walls or their skulls smashed against asphalt and come out of it with little more than a cool scar.
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:41 pm Reply with quote
I will be frank, although Horikoshi himself said this movie was intended as an ending route he originally has in mind (obviously the manga will have a different one), but I am glad he let this alternative ending happened in a movie. I am all for blockbusters but Deku and Bakugo’s complicated “rival/frenemy” status deserves a better, more delicate resolution than this one.

That being said, excellent movie, definitely worth all the hype.
kotomikun

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Kinda got deja vu reading that synopsis... is every MHA movie going to involve the class going to an island that gets invaded by supervillains?
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:29 pm Reply with quote
kotomikun wrote:
Kinda got deja vu reading that synopsis... is every MHA movie going to involve the class going to an island that gets invaded by supervillains?

In fairness that's pretty much how every anime movie works. The protagonist goes to a foreign environment & solves the problems there. A formula they usually stick to becuase of the inherent simplicity of it.

Naruto generally went to a new land/country, One Piece also a new island, Hell even that one movie of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood had the duo go to a totally new country that wasn't in the original series map before.

Though since this is apparently the last MHA movie, this will most likely be the last time they do the island thing again.
crazieanimefan1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Talking on the timeline, I saw a picture of Shigaraki for this movie. His hand looks like it's in a brace or glove of some sort. The only time I've seen that happen was after the Liberation Front Arc, which was when the villains had their time to shine. Since it's spoiler territory, I'll put the tag up.

spoiler[Shigaraki has a battle with the Liberation Front's leader Re-Destro and gets, I think, three of his fingers chopped off in the process. Once that ends, he's later seen with what looks like a glove or prostetics to replace said fingers.]

So that's what led me to that conclusion. Also, I have heard the soundtrack. I do have to wait to view the movie in 2020, but that remix of You Say Run...it hits you RIGHT in the gut, it's amazing.
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:21 am Reply with quote
crazieanimefan1 wrote:
Also, I have heard the soundtrack. I do have to wait to view the movie in 2020, but that remix of You Say Run...it hits you RIGHT in the gut, it's amazing.

Since we both have to wait for next year’s release, would you Mind to share the name of that you say run ost? I would love to hear it before watching the movie.
crazieanimefan1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:38 am Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
crazieanimefan1 wrote:
Also, I have heard the soundtrack. I do have to wait to view the movie in 2020, but that remix of You Say Run...it hits you RIGHT in the gut, it's amazing.

Since we both have to wait for next year’s release, would you Mind to share the name of that you say run ost? I would love to hear it before watching the movie.

Sure. It's on YouTube and it's called Might+U. You could either look up the soundtrack and find it (since it's the longest song on there) or search that. Just have a hanky ready.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1