• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fairy Tail's Hiro Mashima Teases 'Various Surprise Announcements' for 2020

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morry

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:43 am Reply with quote
Eden Zero anime? Hopefully it gets the MHA treatment.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:29 am Reply with quote
Morry wrote:

It definitely seems the right time depending on how many cours they plan, the last thing we want is them rushing through material like they did when Fairy Tail started. But yeah hopefully a good studio handles the anime. I mean the studio that did Fairy Tail did occasionally put out some good animation but they totally screwed up the final season.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:30 am Reply with quote
Morry wrote:

It definitely seems the right time depending on how many cours they plan, the last thing we want is them rushing through material like they did when Fairy Tail started. But yeah hopefully a good studio handles the anime. I mean the studio that did Fairy Tail did occasionally put out some good animation but they totally screwed up the final season.

Last edited by everydaygamer on Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:42 am Reply with quote
everydaygamer wrote:
I mean the studio that did Fairy Tail did occasionally put out some good animation but they totally screwed up the final season.

What are you talking about? Fairy Tail's final season was great. I don't know what your talking about.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:27 am Reply with quote
cyberdraco wrote:
everydaygamer wrote:
I mean the studio that did Fairy Tail did occasionally put out some good animation but they totally screwed up the final season.

What are you talking about? Fairy Tail's final season was great. I don't know what your talking about.

The final season was awful because the final arcs of FT were awful.
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:47 am Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
cyberdraco wrote:
everydaygamer wrote:

The final season was awful because the final arcs of FT were awful.

I didn't think so.
immblueversion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:33 am Reply with quote
If not an anime of Edens Zero (an announcement this year seems like the right time), then a revival of the Rave Master anime would be sweet. But it's not limited to just one thing, so who knows? Just as long as more people see what it's like when Mashima puts at least twice as much effort into planning and presenting a story as he did with Fairy Tail, I'll take it.

cyberdraco wrote:
everydaygamer wrote:

Say what you want about the quality of the arc itself (a weak and slapped-together ending that had more good moments than people seem to talk about), but the quality of the adaptation took a big dive. It's clear they were on a tighter budget not just for animation, if that increasing number of Power Point static animations compared to earlier seasons wasn't enough of an indicator, but actors as well.

Instead of adding lines to the manga like previous seasons, the final season cut lines out if it was just a single line spoken by a single character. And if an actor had more than one role in the episode, those lines would be given to an actor who had more than one role in an episode. Thus we have moments of awkward silence and focus on characters just standing there not doing anything, or uninvolved characters like Romeo (Mariya Ise) or Eve (Fuyuka Oura) having a say about something just because Levy (Ise) or Sorano/Yukino (Oura) had a line, or just completely random background characters taking the spots of the characters we've grown accustomed to.

It's shocking the final episode managed to give every named character who appeared in it--well over 60, I think--one last thing to say. But besides that that, it feels as if those characters were being excluded from the spotlight during this last(?) hurrah, which only served to make an already weak finale feel more empty. But hey, that just gives us one extra thing to appreciate about the finale in the manga.
MeliodasWarrior

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:41 am Reply with quote
If its Fairy tail 100 years quest anime announcement lets hope it gets good animation and doesnt fail like Seven Deadly Sins anime did, i mean what Japan has done to Seven Deadly Sins is beyond terrible I hope Japan supports Fairy Tail as much as possible.
matt78

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:47 am Reply with quote
I wonder if any of the Fairy Tail spinoffs will get animated. Most of them weren't that great but I remember liking the Gray and Laxus ones.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:25 pm Reply with quote
cyberdraco wrote:
everydaygamer wrote:

Basically what immblueversion said. The final arc wasn't great in the manga but great animation could have salvaged it in the anime, instead, it's just constant static shots. Occasionally we would get some actual movement but it still never reach the highs of the previous arcs done in the anime.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I figure it's either an announcement for an Edens Zero anime or for the 100 Years After storyline...but coming so soon after Fairy Tail's end they might prioritize the former.

Dark horse is a Rave Master remake.
immblueversion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:46 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
Yeah, I figure it's either an announcement for an Edens Zero anime or for the 100 Years After storyline...but coming so soon after Fairy Tail's end they might prioritize the former.

Dark horse is a Rave Master remake.

At this rate, 100 Years Quest will need to be a seasonal anime if it's announced this year. It's been a year and a half since it started, and we've only gotten 46 chapters with its biweekly release (with the occasional return to weekly), while Edens Zero has 75 (not counting the 76th that released early because someone at Crunchyroll didn't understand Japanese holiday breaks are a thing).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1