• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Pet (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:25 am Reply with quote

Pet (TV)

Genres: supernatural

Plot Summary:
Quote:
There are people who possess the ability to infiltrate people's minds and manipulate memories. Their powers have been used in the underworld for covering up incidents, assassinations, and other deeds. These powers can not only destroy other people's spirits, but also corrupt the users' own hearts at the same time. The users had to protect their fragile and insecure hearts, as if chained to each other. They are called "pets" out of fear and despising.
(from manga)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TV anime adaptation based on the manga.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:48 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

For whatever reason, it felt like the gut with dreadlocks' voice felt really mismatched, and just kept really bothering me when I noticed, that all the uncanny mind bending stuff did not register like it should have as I was already having that.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Episode 13 (finale)

I did not enjoy this show, in general felt uncomfortable with even small amount of expected sympathy for character that were part of something like a Chinese mafia. I think that we were meant to like how these characters were wide eyed and kind of innocent, while being used for nefarious purposes, but often just felt like they were incredibly selfish people that allowed a criminal organization to do bad stuff. It did not feel like there were any charm behind these characters that despite what they might say, mostly felt into their own selfless needs, such as so concerned over the person that gave them their peaks.

You had like two female characters in the show, one was a manipulative piece of work who used her woman title for control, the other was pretty much a physical vegetable, or really what you might find with people with disabilities like extreme disabilities. I think the woman even wanted to create more of the little girls, and I don't care if the show was saying there was a problem she was made that way she still felt like a prop. I felt kind of sick whenever this boss character was on screen, I don't know if he was meant to be intimidating but just made me feel uncomfortable, who happens to be a carere or something at the end of the show. I just don't like how it wanted to get across this sympathy for everyone involved in this awful stuff. Like we had this one awful character in the show who was like a handler and just kind of awful, and this last episode tried to make out that he was a good guy because his personality was changed when his memory was altered after the woman he boned that acted like an actual child died in childbirth.

Maybe I am being unfair, and this show as actually doing good things like handling mentally disabled people with respect, and taking a multi faceted view at people who might be forced into terrible circumstances, but I just did not enjoy it. My rating is Weak (3/10), I wish that I did something else with my time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1