• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Plunderer Anime Runs for 24 Episodes

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:51 am Reply with quote
Ahh, that’s great. Now anime-only audiences can finally learn the true name of this franchise: Plot Twists the anime
Tensai GinAce

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:35 am Reply with quote
Kadokawa... if you were planning to give the adaptation a 2 cour from the beginning, couldn't you have given the series to a better studio and director ?
Even tho this is my favorite manga that i've been loyally following since its debut in shounen ace magazine, as long as GeekToys is the main animation studio there is really nothing to look forward to. The first two episodes were MUCH more inferior to their manga counterpart in terms of pacing, art,etc....
Some of the voice actors choices are completely off the mark as well that they make some characters seem like a whole different character (to be fair some of the other voice acting choices are on point and the soundtracks from the first two episodes were good)
It's definitely better than previous geektoys works, but the quality is still below decent...

I hope GeekToys somehow proves me wrong in the future episodes, but i highly doubt it tbh... For now I guess i'm just gonna stick with the manga.
Dicku-kun

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:46 am Reply with quote
Hope the quality's consistent. The manga's great, aside from the fan-service. Never been a fan of that.
xerox-guy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:50 am Reply with quote
Tensai GinAce wrote:
I hope GeekToys somehow proves me wrong in the future episodes, but i highly doubt it tbh... For now I guess i'm just gonna stick with the manga.

From the first trailer you can see how cheap the production is, so I'm with you on how I will not get my hopes up.
pikkuhukka

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:02 am Reply with quote
ill watch this just for the oppai girl, she looks hot
sufiawli

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:53 am Reply with quote
That's great!
Silver-sama

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
Ahh, that’s great. Now anime-only audiences can finally learn the true name of this franchise: Plot Twists the anime

You really got me hyped with this comment.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1