• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: RADWIMPS, The Beloved Musicians Behind Makoto Shinkai's Blockbuster Works

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like it was a tough time to make the soundtrack.

Really curious to see who does the music for the next movie, especially since TENMON has joined CoMix Wave Films late last year. I actually really like Soundtracks with multiple composes so I wouldn't mind if RADWIMPS and TENMON somehow worked together to create an amazing soundtrack for the next movie.

edit: fixed the URL.
Erufailon4

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:02 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Really curious to see who does the music for the next movie, especially since TENMON has joined CoMix Wave Films late last year. I actually really like Soundtracks with multiple composes so I wouldn't mind if RADWIMPS and TENMON somehow worked together to create an amazing soundtrack for the next movie.

Tenmon's soundtracks for Shinkai's early films were great, but Shinkai's style has changed over the years, and I personally think Radwimps suit his current style better. But I definitely wouldn't mind a collab either.

(Btw the post on CMW's website is also available in English.)
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:33 am Reply with quote
Erufailon4 wrote:

Tenmon's soundtracks for Shinkai's early films were great, but Shinkai's style has changed over the years, and I personally think Radwimps suit his current style better. But I definitely wouldn't mind a collab either.

(Btw the post on CMW's website is also available in English.)

Lol I didn't even see the EN button (I had the link from TENMON's twitter retweet). RIP me. As for music itself, I'd say it really depends on the actual movie itself. Someone entirely new may work better for whatever Shinkai does next. He has good taste in music so I'm sure it will be great no matter what who he gets.
Aresef

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Summer Sonic is huge for cross-pollination. M-flo is one of my favorite acts and that’s where they got to talking shop with J Balvin, with whom they later collaborated on Human Lost.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1