• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Goblin Slayer Joins the Fray in Danmachi Smartphone Game Collaboration Event

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Shocked Now there's is a crossover I would've never have expected, but thinking about it it kind of works due to having a lot of parallels with each other; both are originally LN's with fantasy settings, though Danmachi can't compare with GS's level of gore they both do share that as well, hell, both have ecchi elements too. Dungeon & Goblins, super simplistic name but couldn't be more fitting.
Amuro1X

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:41 pm Reply with quote
LiteMangime wrote:
Shocked Now there's is a crossover I would've never have expected, but thinking about it it kind of works due to having a lot of parallels with each other; both are originally LN's with fantasy settings, though Danmachi can't compare with GS's level of gore they both do share that as well, hell, both have ecchi elements too. Dungeon & Goblins, super simplistic name but couldn't be more fitting.

No spoilers, but the Danmachi novels get pretty gory, especially in volume 13 and 14.
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Amuro1X wrote:
LiteMangime wrote:

No spoilers, but the Danmachi novels get pretty gory, especially in volume 13 and 14.

Oh, no worries about that good sir, I'm up to date with both series on official english trans Wink
spoiler[ Yeah, Bell got his arm lopped off, but it got reattached a little too quickly, and yeah, scenes were described that there's so much blood in places that water ways were running red, but still...] and those were the more horrid parts I was referring to, actually, and Danmachi has had some intense moments, but GS is still way more gory if you ask me.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:51 pm Reply with quote
LiteMangime wrote:
Shocked Now there's is a crossover I would've never have expected

DanMemo's already had crossover events with Kino's Journey, Date A Live, and fricken Attack on Titan. A Goblin Slayer collab makes far more sense than those.

In other game news, 2 of the Sword Art Online mobile games are having Persona 5 crossover events soon.
Amuro1X

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:53 pm Reply with quote
LiteMangime wrote:
Amuro1X wrote:
LiteMangime wrote:

Oh, no worries about that good sir, I'm up to date with both series on official english trans Wink
spoiler[ Yeah, Bell got his arm lopped off, but it got reattached a little too quickly, and yeah, scenes were described that there's so much blood in places that water ways were running red, but still...] and those were the more horrid parts I was referring to, actually, and Danmachi has had some intense moments, but GS is still way more gory if you ask me.

Yeah, what you described was mainly in Vol 13. Vol 14 ups that with the description of a certain character's backstory. But anyway, my main point is that Danmachi is more light hearted in general, but it's still a fantasy setting that can get quite dark when necessary. GS and Danmachi actually fit together really well in that regard.
Demonskid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:01 pm Reply with quote
I haven't logged on Danmachi for a while, guess I have a reason to now. I want GS o3o
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Demonskid wrote:
I haven't logged on Danmachi for a while, guess I have a reason to now. I want GS o3o

You're in luck. You get a free Goblin Slayer for starting the event (though you need to pull more copies of him from the gatcha if you want to max him out). For completing the event you get a free Noble Fencer that you can also max out for free.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1