• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen Remake Game's Trailer Reveals May Release

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
WHITE FOX (Utawarerumono: The False Faces) again produced the new anime, which tells a story of Kuon's childhood days.

This bit feels a little out of place without context. It's a short OVA included in the premium edition of Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen for the PS4.
Vanadise

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
This bit feels a little out of place without context. It's a short OVA included in the premium edition of Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen for the PS4.

I actually also haven't seen any indication that it will be included in the English release of Prelude, so it may continue to be Japanese-only.

Nonetheless, I'm really excited to finally have official English translations of all of the (main) Utawarerumono games. It's hard to believe it's finally happening, 18 years after the original came out in Japan.
Demonskid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Finally a release date! Now to properly save up for when the pre-orders get released!

So happy to finally be able to play the first game in the series.
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:35 am Reply with quote
I have had this on Pre-order since it was first announced. Good to see its coming sooner rather then later.

As for the OVA... you can find means to watch this. But I also see no mention in this coming out with the US release. Which is disappointing.

This is a remake of the PS2 port of the first title. I played the PC version, the story should be similar as are the fights.. other then the "other" content.
Vanadise

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Stampeed Valkyrie wrote:
This is a remake of the PS2 port of the first title. I played the PC version, the story should be similar as are the fights.. other then the "other" content.

It's worth noting that the PS2 remake added in am extra plot arc compared to the original (which this one also has), and the combat is pretty similar, although it adds in a few new things like combo attacks and equipment. It's still far closer to the original's than the Mask games' combat systems, though.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Do you know if it has the 5-6 difficulty options that the original PC game had? Playing Utaware on Hard-3 was something else.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1