• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Infini-T Force BD

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookiemanstah

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:13 pm Reply with quote
ya know, I don't know if this is off-topic, but from 1970's Neo-Human Casshan/Casshern spawned the obscure 2008 diamond Casshan/Casshern Sins, an anime easy to find compared to most of the shows here (as in outright impossible outside of illegal means).

People should give Sins more recognition, it's such a great show.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:02 pm Reply with quote
I don't think it's off-topic - both series are spun off the original(s). In terms of Casshan, I think Infini-T Force is striking because it's positively light-hearted compared to almost any other iteration of the poor guy's story.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Surprisingly you can watch the original Casshan on HiDive though I don’t think Sentai has ever given it a physical release. I wish Infini T Force had streamed on Crunchyroll as I felt like it didn’t get as much attention when it aired by being randomly placed on Tubi which not as many fans watch. I’m glad someone else likes this show as I found it to be a lot of fun even though I’m only familiar with Gatchaman and Casshern Sins. It reminded me a lot of being like an anime version of The Avengers which is part of what I found appealing about it and the CGI seemed a lot better than most CG anime.
GeorgeC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:04 am Reply with quote
Casshan had a release a few years back on DVD and Blu ray.
I do have a copy of the Blu ray release in my collection and actually wrote a review for it on The Right Stuf website where I also bought it.
It's probably still not that hard to find. I can't imagine there was a huge demand for it. I picked it up during one of many sales in the last 5 years.
I saw Infini-T Force within a year of the licensing. It was shown on Tubi exclusively for quite a while but Tubi is not a huge streaming channel/website.
My feeling at the time was that while the writing for the series was fine the problems with bringing to the West were the lack of familiarity with most of these characters except Ken the Eagle/G1/Gatchaman and the PS1-quality level of the animation.
This is not cutting edge animation. It barely meets the minimum for TV and I'd say the minimum most people would accept (for CG) is probably Jimmy Neutron-level and Infini-T Force was at best half that quality level.
Not a bad show but not a must-buy. Rental. C- for the animation.
I don't know who's kidding who giving this show a B for the production quality.
The Scream Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:47 am Reply with quote
Do we know if the movie will get a western release? I still haven't had a chance to see it, and i loved the show so I'm very keen.
Bamble

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:22 am Reply with quote
The Scream Man wrote:
Do we know if the movie will get a western release?

I hope so, Viz originally announced that they'd licensed the series and film.

Regarding the characters in Infini-T Force itself, it would also be welcome if the original Tekkaman and Hurricane Polymar 1970s series were granted home video releases after the ill-fated attempt several years ago by Sam Pinansky's Anime Sols.

Sentai were supposed to have a deal with Tatsunoko for multiple titles, but that appears to have fizzled out years ago too.
Southkaio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Too bad this Infini-T Force show didn't last long. Why? Back in the 2010s, Nelvana announced a brand new Battle of the Planets project. I hope it's still in the works.
The Scream Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Looks like the movie got subbed, or at least fan subbed. Im rewatching the Series now to prep for it! Smile
NJ_

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:41 pm Reply with quote
^Meanwhile Viz (FINALLY) announced a Blu-ray release date a week ago. Razz

https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/1321600145880944641
https://www.rightstufanime.com/Infini-T-Force-the-Movie-Farewell-Friend-Blu-ray

Coming in January!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1