• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - The Secrets of Nintendo's Mirror House Cornflakes

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arale Kurashiki

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Why does revealing secrets about old consoles make you uncomfortable...? It does not affect Nintendo's current operations in any way.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Doing Evo online could end up going like Blizzard's recent Warcraft 3 competition. One player was clearly winning before the game crashed. They tried again with different settings, and the same strategy was working again for that player until the game crashed a second time. By the third time, the other player had worked out a counter strategy and ended up winning. There was some genuine question about the legitimacy of a win that came after a couple do overs.
FinalVentCard
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 3:57 pm Reply with quote
MaximillianDood also raised another valid problem with EVO being online: the logistics of playing Marvel Vs Capcom 2.

MVC2 was lined up for Evo this year; it would have been easy enough to get a machine up and running at an in-person tourney. But how are they gonna do this online? Any vouchers for the game that came with Ultimate MVC3 (IIRC) expired last year, and MVC2 has been delisted from online stores for years. The only people who could play it are people who just so happen to own old PS3s/XB360s that still have the game installed--unless EVO stretches a bit further and allows people to play on their Dreamcasts.

Evo could have decided on Skullgirls and Killer Instinct and MVC:Infinite, which have great rollback netcode, but oh well...
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Arale Kurashiki wrote:
Why does revealing secrets about old consoles make you uncomfortable...? It does not affect Nintendo's current operations in any way.

Because it would be one thing if the information was put out there normally this information was in effect stolen which I believe comes off the the heels of another hack involving Switch accounts.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1