• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: BanG Dream! to Sell Reusable Cloth Masks

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Are those reusable cloth masks really effective against virus ? Because based on my search regarding washable masks, I am seeing various conflicting takes, and they all consider themselves “expert opinions”
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Not enough real tests to confirm either way. Pricey anyway, but I'd do almost anything for Poppin’Party

Much better than Square Enix giving SE-brand masks when you spend over $100...
Q4000

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 11:54 am Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
Are those reusable cloth masks really effective against virus ? Because based on my search regarding washable masks, I am seeing various conflicting takes, and they all consider themselves “expert opinions”

I'm no expert, since I'm in Obstetrics and not in Infectious Diseases, but their effectiveness depends on alot of variables, and not just things pertaining to the pathogen size and route of infection. Aside from the debatable filtration it provides, there is also the issue with how effectively and how frequently you wash and disinfect those masks.
That said, with the lack of proper medical-grade supplies right now, it will still provide a layer of protection and some peace of mind. Use it only when you have none of the appropriate articles on hand. It's still better than nothing.
And don't forget to wash your hands.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1