• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kentarō Katayama's Denpa teki na Kanojo Novels Get Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 2:50 am Reply with quote
I remeber seeing the 2 ovas years ago and i was always bothered by the fact that it was left incomplete even the books feel incomplete. So this actually was completed or not?
D-arts

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 3:05 am Reply with quote
It is written on wiki 2 ovas adapted 1st and 3rd volumes but there are only 3 volumes so is it incomplete in novels?
WANNFH

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 3:27 am Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
I remeber seeing the 2 ovas years ago and i was always bothered by the fact that it was left incomplete even the books feel incomplete. So this actually was completed or not?
It never were completed or have the proper ending - Katayama put it onhold in 2005 in the same fashion how Tanigawa put Haruhi Suzumiya novels, while writing Kurenai (which also not got a proper ending and the last volume of it dated back in 2014) - and still never got back.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 3:49 am Reply with quote
I'll take "Headlines I Never thought I'd Read" for $1000, Alex.

Seriously, this feels so random after all these years.I'm for it though, I loved the OVA.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 4:09 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
Thespacemaster wrote:
It never were completed or have the proper ending - Katayama put it onhold in 2005 in the same fashion how Tanigawa put Haruhi Suzumiya novels, while writing Kurenai (which also not got a proper ending and the last volume of it dated back in 2014) - and still never got back.

Thanks for the Clarification.

Still 15 years? and he never went back to finish it? that is a bit of a let down, why write a story if you never intend to finish it.
toprak

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 6:09 am Reply with quote
YEEEEEEEEEES! I had loved OVA I can read the manga Wink
HueyLion

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 7:03 am Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
WANNFH wrote:
Thespacemaster wrote:

Thanks for the Clarification.

Still 15 years? and he never went back to finish it? that is a bit of a let down, why write a story if you never intend to finish it.

There's more to his life then just his novels. Not every author has to be commit their lives to finishing their work if they don't want to. That's just the sad reality of fiction being put on hold and the chances of the author not returning to it.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 7:56 am Reply with quote
Nice, glad to get more of the antics of Juuzawa Juu in any form.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 10:35 am Reply with quote
I've always been interested in this series. Never knew it was actually hanging.
toprak

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 12:55 pm Reply with quote
BlueAlf wrote:
I've always been interested in this series. Never knew it was actually hanging.

Yeah, totally same with you. It is quite great thing. Anime catgrin
deviljho0001

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Hope it goes beyond the novels, original author pretty much disappeared from the internet/ media.
FlamingFirewire

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
I'll take "Headlines I Never thought I'd Read" for $1000, Alex.

Seriously, this feels so random after all these years.I'm for it though, I loved the OVA.

Seriously loved the OVAs, so it's very cool to see this series make a comeback - maybe the manga version will have it's own ending (considering no version of this has actually ended yet), would be nice to see.
Anthony Gray

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Whether this spawns new stories set within this series, or if translators pick up the series in the first place is anyone's guess at this point.

I am pleasantly surprised to see so many people that enjoyed this series tho. Most of the people I talk to have never even heard of it when I bring it up in conversations.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1