• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NEWS Band Member Yuya Tegoshi to Retire From Entertainment

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Яeverse

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 3:07 pm Reply with quote
i mean as long as theyre not being abusive, drinking and driving, and they were consenting with women or men (cant imagine there arent gay idols) in a respectable manner, then I dont see why they need to be booted from the industry.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
i mean as long as theyre not being abusive, drinking and driving, and they were consenting with women or men (cant imagine there arent gay idols) in a respectable manner, then I dont see why they need to be booted from the industry.

you're ignoring the whole Coronavirus part. He was basically pretending it didn't exist and may have helped spread it more. but really there's probably more to this than just this one incident
razisgosu

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 7:08 pm Reply with quote
This article is not stating the facts. Its not a retirement.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Nowhere in the original article does it say he’s retiring. He’s going on hiatus from show business due to the incident. Please fix.
CrypticPurpose

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 11:15 am Reply with quote
We could really use this kind of disciplining in the US - even with an actual full lockdown in place, restaurants and such were not only ignoring it without getting more than a slap on the wrist, but then many are actually suing their state for lost profits. I feel like personal responsibility is dead in this country.
Poemi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:55 am Reply with quote
Gotta say I’m disappointed that an idol that I admire was acting so irresponsibly. I ‘m finding this out after discovering his YouTube channel and subscribing to it, and this makes it uncomfortable for me to continue to watch his videos and listen to his music. I’m also very sad that this must mean that I’ll never get to hear new music from Tegomass again.
Unagi bentou

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:36 am Reply with quote
The content of this article is different from what is currently published.

Because It is now clear that Tegoshi did not go to a drinking party, but only met at a restaurant to discuss his post-independence work. And the number of people was not large, it was only four. two men and two women.

The misunderstanding was caused by a gossip reporter writing a false article. Johnny & Associates has announced that the article is incorrect, and the truth was revealed at a press conference held by Tegoshi on June 24,2020. Besides, going out and eating out were not prohibited in Japan at that time, and restaurant were open as usual.

These facts are mentioned in press conference videos and credible article which are written since that press conference.
Therefore, the information in this article is out of date and should be fixed or deleted.

Watch the video of the press conference. The truth is stated here.
https://youtu.be/njZBBGvfgSk
https://www.billboard-japan.com/d_news/detail/89327/2
Unagi bentou

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:36 am Reply with quote
Hello,Poemi
Did you watch the video of the press conference held on June 24th,2020?
https://youtu.be/njZBBGvfgSk
At a press conference, he clearly explained that what was reported was wrong.
The truth is this.
He wasn't attending the drinking party. He was only in a restaurant to discuss his post-independence work with his acquaintances. There were only four people including Tegoshi. There are only two men and two women.

In other words, the article that Tegoshi gathered a lot of people and had a drinking party is a lie written by Gossip magazine.
Johnny's and Associates also announced that the content of the article is not true.

Japan at that time was not rocked down and eating out was not prohibited. Tegoshi has not committed a violation.

Thus, Japanese gossip magazines often write false articles.
Find the truth for yourself.

By the way, you can watch Yuya singing on Yuya Tegoshi channel.
I recommend his cover song “A whole new world”.
I think it will touch your heart!
https://youtu.be/g8YqzvqjuRU
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1