Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:58 am Reply with quote

Princess Connect! Re:Dive (TV).

Genres: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Plot Summary:
Quote:
The protagonist wakes up with no memories in an unfamiliar location. The protagonist then meets girls and comes closer to uncovering a hidden mystery.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!It...it's not like I post for you or anything!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:01 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

I had heard of this franchise, but really knew nothing other than a bunch of cute girls. But I really enjoyed the first episode, mainly for its humour, having the main character so affected by amnesia that not only is he a clear cliché of a blank slate for much of the episode, but he barely knows how to function. Things like him trying to eat a coin, and the same derpy wolves beating him and trying to drag him off, that is funny. I really hope humour keeps up in however way it can. The was also the girl that was robbed, laughed from not realising that she did not realise she was robbed by them after chasing after them to give the non existent medicine. And the cute mushroom actually turning out to be evil. Who just eats a whole sentient mushroom?
DDPK2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:21 am Reply with quote
Just watched episodes 1 and 2. So far, I guess it's fine so I'll stick around and watch this show for the cuteness and whatever funny and chaotic antics our characters will get their selves into. I also hope that the mobile game of Princess Connect will be localized since I'm interested on playing it.
DuskyPredator
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!It...it's not like I post for you or anything!

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 12:37 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

I guess the girls all failed a spot check to not notice that almost every interior surface of the hospital was covered in bloody handprints, even if it did turn out legit. Except for the yandere demon girl that had all the thieves after her.
onegold88

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 7:36 am Reply with quote
Your chances improve when the video poker game offers special cases, twofold and triple rewards. A significant detail that we didn't make reference to is that 9/6 compensation out is a definitive opportunities for an assortment of Jacks or Better video poker.
Blood-
Aria CompanyAria Company

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Well, that was a fun show. I normally don't have high hopes for shows based off of games, but this was a delight. There is clearly much more story to tell so I hope it gets another season. Good humour, a nice character mix, cute girls and, of course, Kokkoro's adorable lisp.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:45 am Reply with quote
Episode 13 (finale)

Finally finding out Pecorine's whole deal makes me a little sad that there is not much resolution to it, just a reveal that there is a bit more to her behind her happy mask. The fact that Kyaru was working with the villain came with her character interaction, and at the least knowingly working against her mistress.

I enjoyed things like the aesthetics of the show, it all looked nice, I like little touches like the loading screen like shots, the sort of things that Konosuba had. But to me it also had a couple of problems, that I don't think that it was as consistently funny as I might have wanted it to be, that some parts could feel a bit boring, yet I also think that the overarching story was not focused on enough despite I think that they could be a bit more boring from the more fun parts. I also am not really a person that finds stories about food that interesting, unless it was probably some sort of fantasy food.

My favourite episode would still probably be the hospital episode, as I think that it was the one that most played up ridiculousness the best, how it used the guest characters, and even making parts feel intimidating with the yandere. The ghost and vampire episode was maybe okay also, but not as funny. I love how the show had the running jokes like Yuuki being carried away by monsters to eat, especially Kokkoro's reaction every time, even in the episode where Yuuki was supposed to be on a fake mission with the little girls which I think he claimed that he let that happen to himself. Yuuki though is kind of a little boring himself, even if there is sometimes a sweet side.

My rating is Good (7/10), it is worth seeing, but I also wish that I thought it was better based on how good it looks and how it could often be pretty funny. Maybe a bit trying to fit in a lot of the characters with a plot to them all.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1