• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Survey: Most Important/Interesting News

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
halo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:37 am Reply with quote
Let me be the first to ask (in this thread at least): Please don't list every stinking trailer for something new in Japan as news. I can see maybe for bigger name stuff like Evangelion (as much as I hate it) but not for every damn erogame adaptation.
icepick314

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:59 am Reply with quote
i LIKE trailers....

don't matter it's for...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Gage

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:06 am Reply with quote
Well it can be good in a way to post the trailers of Japan as North American readers, and whomever, could get a chance to see what may be coming their way for entertainment.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:22 am Reply with quote
halo wrote:
Let me be the first to ask (in this thread at least): Please don't list every stinking trailer for something new in Japan as news. I can see maybe for bigger name stuff like Evangelion (as much as I hate it) but not for every damn erogame adaptation.
Add loli com adaptations of moe to that list as well please.
RadicaLElly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:05 am Reply with quote
I DEFINITELY think the major thing needed here is less jumping the gun. The ADV panic this week proved that. True it was never explicitly stated in any article that ADV was on the verge of pulling a Geneon, but it really felt like there was a lot of fearmongering going on this week and the EVERYBODY PANIC! replies in the forum confirmed that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
bleuster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:26 am Reply with quote
I wish the last question allowed for multiple answers. I think those are important issues, too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:41 am Reply with quote
halo wrote:

Maybe they should have a little section where they show the new trailers of the week, then only the people who want to see the trailers will.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:46 am Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
halo wrote:

Maybe they should have a little section where they show the new trailers of the week, then only the people who want to see the trailers will.
That would work, and if they put ratings, and/or genre next to the title, that would save lots of red faces by thoses unsuspecting, and cover ANN's back side as well. Yes that would work very well. Wink
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:56 am Reply with quote
Quote:
(i.e. news that someone died, etc.)

Em, there's a term for that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:03 pm Reply with quote
bleuster wrote:
I wish the last question allowed for multiple answers. I think those are important issues, too.

I agree. I wish that one was multiple choice as well.

But, I picked announcements of NA release cast members.
everybody_loves_hypnotoad

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Other concention news (ie: Registration, attendance, events, both pre and post event)

? Convention news right?
ManSlayer07

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Personally I think that release announcements/solicitations (new/local and first/subsequent volumes) are rarely newsworthy since I get all that information from AnimeOnDVD. I think they're only newsworthy when they're announced with a new license (which only happens with Bandai Visual USA).

everybody_loves_hypnotoad wrote:
Other concention news (ie: Registration, attendance, events, both pre and post event)

? Convention news right?

Yeah, apparently it's a typo.
RedTigerWolf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:32 pm Reply with quote
The last section of this survey should be multi-optional. I had to go with Obituaries cause that's pretty important.

I would have also chosen the fact that there shouldn't be any jumping of the gun. Then again, this site is basically a gossip column anyways, and one of recent examples being the ADV thing that just proves the fact that that's what this sites news is all about. Another example would be Kodomo no Jikan, but I'll leave it at that.

I only use this site for it's encyclopedia anyways for the most part and only if I see a worthwhile survey or some real news that I haven't seen somewhere else.
Unholy_Nny

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:44 pm Reply with quote
RedTigerWolf wrote:
Then again, this site is basically a gossip column anyways

^ wtf?

I would personally like to see more news on sales numbers.
vanheat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:38 pm Reply with quote
The last question should be multiple choice or they should be added to the survey. How are trailers more important than sale #'s and deaths.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2