• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Experience the Art and History of Drifters through the Drifters Original Artwork Virtual T

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:16 pm Reply with quote
It's too bad the Drifters anime didn't do better and it's no longer in print in the US because there was a lot of potential with this series but at leas you can still read the manga. But I would love to see a second season of the anime made one day.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:44 pm Reply with quote
I would rather "experience the art and history of Drifters" through a second anime season instead though. Are we going to have to wait another decade or two for a "Drifter's Ultimate"?
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:30 pm Reply with quote
It’s weird since I recall them announcing a second season right after the first season ended and then radio silence for years.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Episodes #13 to #15 continue the first season and are released in ONA format. If you're not in Japan, you can't watch it legally since it doesn't stream. Episode #16 title was revealed at the end of #15 so the studio is still working on it, just not in a way that's visible to anyone outside of Japan.

At any rate, the series itself isn't even finished (as is typical of Hirano Kouta's works). Given the snail pace his works typically progress, I'll be happy to see something complete by the end of the decade.

The article isn't being entirely truthful either. Taisha-ryuu is still an extant sword-school so it can't be the first time it's being seen in over 400 years. Quite the history after the founder's branch off from Shinkage-ryuu, although the abolishing of the subsidies for dojos after the Tokugawa Shogunate's abolishing hit the style hard.
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Figured there is no second seasons as,not so shockingly, the manga has barely progressed past where the anime ended....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1