• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Quest XI S Game Reveals TGS Trailer, 6 Million Copies Shipped

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:54 am Reply with quote
Congrats to DQ XI on 6 million. Wish SE would stop changing the character names in the West when there's nothing wrong with the names to begin with. Had to settle for S version because it has Japanese voices so I can hear the JP names.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Rob19ny wrote:
Congrats to DQ XI on 6 million. Wish SE would stop changing the character names in the West when there's nothing wrong with the names to begin with. Had to settle for S version because it has Japanese voices so I can hear the JP names.

Your take away is the names when we've had to bare with unnecessary British (and other accents)?

If you want unnecessary and wrong name changes there' much much worse.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:00 pm Reply with quote
^ Funny of you to mention non-Japanese voices as if I care about that at all. I only care about JP voices and the original JP names being kept overseas. Oh, and the script being consistent with the JP version.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:42 pm Reply with quote
At this point name changes much like the accents are pretty much ingrained with the western games. They ain't going to stop doing them whether we think it's unnecessary or not.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1