• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kakao Games to Release Cygames' World Flipper Smartphone Game in N. America, Europe, Southeast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolf10

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:51 am Reply with quote
World Flipper is a game that should absolutely not run a year behind the JP version. The first few months were kind of a mess. Then again, the current state of the game is not exactly forgiving for new players, either, as most "meta" party comps require that one 5* weapon from that event four months ago that you weren't around for.

Come to think of it, the story is pretty much the only thing I can recommend right now (the current arc is basically Berserk, but with the art style of Dragalia Lost). We'll see what happens to it at anniversary.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:33 am Reply with quote
This probably isn't something people should really waste their time on, honestly. The game is barely making any money in Japan and will likely be shut down soon.
Zerreth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:29 am Reply with quote
No.

This game has the most soul crushing gacha roll animations I have ever seen. Pokemon Masters has shown that NA players can't really handle this sort of thing as a whole. I don't see this game doing too well state-side.
harminia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:32 pm Reply with quote
I enjoy the game a lot and really love the art and character designs but it is a game that I'm kinda surprised is still going.
I don't see the ENG version lasting long but I may download it just to learn more about the characters and see if I can get Bersetia (I want her so bad...)
OjaruFan2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Zerreth wrote:
I don't see this game doing too well state-side.

harminia wrote:
I don't see the ENG version lasting long but I may download it just to learn more about the characters and see if I can get Bersetia (I want her so bad...)

Just curious, why don't you guys see the game lasting long here in the US?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1