• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Dear Brother Episodes 1-13 Streaming

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dop.L

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Oh, how I wish Retrocrush was available in the UK. I once saw this from a fansub which had been digitised from VHS fansub tapes (you could tell as the tracking was sometimes off) with compression artefacts the size of postage stamps. Yet the story pulled through the murk and hooked me.
Would love to see a legal and decent copy as I missed out on the DVDs that came out a few years back.
fausti

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:45 am Reply with quote
Dop.L wrote:
Oh, how I wish Retrocrush was available in the UK. I once saw this from a fansub which had been digitised from VHS fansub tapes (you could tell as the tracking was sometimes off) with compression artefacts the size of postage stamps. Yet the story pulled through the murk and hooked me.
Would love to see a legal and decent copy as I missed out on the DVDs that came out a few years back.

I would suggest looking into getting a VPN. That should allow you to access Retrocrush from where you are.
fausti

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:48 am Reply with quote
I've already got the entire series on DVD when Anime Sols was still around. But now I can point my friends to Retrocrush so they can finally see why I've been raving and ranting about Dear Brother for so many years.
Oggers

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:32 am Reply with quote
I watched this series fansubbed a couple of years ago and only made it about halfway before life got in the way of finishing it. As melodramatic as it can get, I still really enjoyed it, and Osamu Dezaki's stylistic touches really do add to the experience. I can see why it was such a huge influence on so many yuri and shoujo series that came after it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1