• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: DMP Listed as Licensing The Day I Was Forced to Marry God, The Day I Divorced God Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:54 am Reply with quote
At first I thought based on the title that the plot would be straight forward, but reading the description makes it seem more like a normal plot drama, fleeing a cult.
marshmallowpie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:22 am Reply with quote
This sounds interesting, but DMP... is concerning? I mean I guess it's just a two volume manga and both volumes are out on the same day, but the last time I was interested in something published by DMP, it was Tachibanakan/Love To Lie Angle which wasn't really available anywhere other than their site? And was just a very unclear, unpromoted release, y'know? And I think the one volume was all they did.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:35 am Reply with quote
They have the money to license stuff but THEY DON'T HAVE THE MONEY TO FINISH THE KODOMO NO JIKAN AND PSYCHO DELICO KICKSTARTERS?! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
hikura

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:15 am Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
They have the money to license stuff but THEY DON'T HAVE THE MONEY TO FINISH THE KODOMO NO JIKAN AND PSYCHO DELICO KICKSTARTERS?! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Sounds like another unfinished clamp title.
Story sounds interesting.

Last edited by hikura on Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:17 am; edited 2 times in total
VanGosroth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:12 pm Reply with quote
I'm honestly curious what the owners thought process behind this is. They've taken over 180,000 dollars in kick-starter funds from people who after many years still don't have their product. Then they turn around and license new stuff?

Wonder where the 180k went.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:57 am Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:

I've given up on getting the books long, long ago.
CatSword

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:47 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:

Exactly. Their whole operation is just shifty as all hell and I'm not supporting anything from them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1