• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Celebrate Oreimo's 10th Anniversary By Marrying Your Favorite Girl

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostrune

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Give me one for Kanako you cowards.
Zeino

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Do not marry your sister, Otaku.
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:45 pm Reply with quote
>Saori's not an option
Richard move, Aniplex- err, MOVIC. Richard move.
catbot158

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:54 pm Reply with quote
This is a good promotion simply because any marriage partner for Kirino is better than her actual marriage partner.
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Can I just get the option for a wall scroll and/or figure?
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:17 am Reply with quote
Well, now Kuroneko can be my waifu for reals... Smile Kyosuke should have married her, darn it! You snooze you lose pal!
I_Drive_DSM

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:36 am Reply with quote
Zoneflare wrote:

Yeah really. Feel like something such as those would be much easier to sell. + $250 USD for a themed marriage set is a lot to ask (Not to mention, what in the world are you actually going to do with it?).

Last year when I was in Tokyo there was an event going on for Key's 20th Anniversary in Akiba. I believe the entire event was a traveling exhibit, but it also offered a ton of small goods to celebrate the occasion such as cheaper Key-themed marriage applications (~$20 USD roughly), scrolls, and smaller character goods. The larger more expensive stuff was Key themed clothing and cosplay. Felt it was a pretty decent way to celebrate an anniversary.
rizuchan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:30 am Reply with quote
I_Drive_DSM wrote:
Last year when I was in Tokyo there was an event going on for Key's 20th Anniversary in Akiba. I believe the entire event was a traveling exhibit, but it also offered a ton of small goods to celebrate the occasion such as cheaper Key-themed marriage applications (~$20 USD roughly), scrolls, and smaller character goods. The larger more expensive stuff was Key themed clothing and cosplay. Felt it was a pretty decent way to celebrate an anniversary.

I dunno, I'd shell out $250 for one of these marriage sets for one of my favorite Key girls. I was really eager to get some Key Anniversary merch last year, but I thought all the clothes were ugly and the stickers and coasters were way overpriced. Different strokes (or wallet sizes), I guess.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kaylee Smerbeck

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Aren't they all underage
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Kaylee Smerbeck wrote:
Aren't they all underage

Well, they were, but that was ten years ago. Wink
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:04 pm Reply with quote
If it included a figure it would be a much more appealing option. Though, on the other hand, MOVIC aren't exactly famous for the quality of their figures...

If only someone would license the source novels for an official translation. Oh, and throw Eromanga Sensei in there as well...
Chinatsu Yoshikawa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:02 am Reply with quote
I_Drive_DSM wrote:
Zoneflare wrote:

Yeah really. Feel like something such as those would be much easier to sell. + $250 USD for a themed marriage set is a lot to ask (Not to mention, what in the world are you actually going to do with it?).

What are you going to do with it? You're getting a marriage certificate, man! You can claim your wife as a dependent on your taxes and save (or get) a lot of money!
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:25 am Reply with quote
^Ahhh, if only!! Actually, after thinking about it, doesn't this mean that the girls are massively polygamous?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1