• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S Anime Unveils New Visual, July Premiere

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:27 pm Reply with quote
I wonder who will most likely be the director for second season though, since the director from the first season unfortunately passed away from that infamous arson years ago.

I love the first season sooo much , not to mention this will be kyoani’s first TV anime after the fire incident, I will absolutely watch this and support my support
Farhanawesome

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:30 pm Reply with quote
I assume that Funimation will license and also dub it, and i hope before the premiere Funimation could dub the OVA as well. so for the S2 who will be the english dub cast for Iruru ?
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
from that infamous arson years ago.

I know 2020 was a hell of a year, but the arson was only in July 2019(It feels a lot longer though).

The first season was a lovely time, and I hope this one turns out to be similar!
Panoptican

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:51 am Reply with quote
I'm not really digging that new character's design. It's awful. Dragon Maid is such a wholesome show that the pervy stuff just feels completely out of place. I don't have anything against pervy stuff in anime in general, but it doesn't work in every show. Dragon Maid is one of the worst offenders of out-of-place perviness.

I know someone might come along and tell me the manga is even more pervy. To that I would say okay. I wouldn't like it there either.

I'm still looking forward to the new season because everything else about Dragon Maid is great. I just cringed at the poster a bit.
Ygglidashi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:08 am Reply with quote
Lmao, did you forget Quetzalcoatl ???
Brook09

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:30 am Reply with quote
Looking forward to the new season.

Personally I really like the design of the new girl I really dig spoiler[Oppai Lolis] Very Happy
Netero

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:16 am Reply with quote
Panoptican wrote:
Dragon Maid is such a wholesome show

Umm, no. One of the main plot points is dragons trying to seduce humans. Yes, even Kanna.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:30 am Reply with quote
Summer can't come quick enough! Very Happy
RealMTL

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:24 am Reply with quote
Netero wrote:
Umm, no. One of the main plot points is dragons trying to seduce humans. Yes, even Kanna.

By anime standards it's still pretty wholesome... Can't wait for this new dragon to get added to the harem lol
TheOtakuX

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:59 am Reply with quote
She's one of the most fun characters in the manga, really looking forward to seeing her animated
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:54 am Reply with quote
Awesome. I am so happy for KyoAni to be able to present a new tv series two years after the tragedy. This show has so much heart and positivity.
Oggers

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Panoptican wrote:
I'm not really digging that new character's design. It's awful. Dragon Maid is such a wholesome show that the pervy stuff just feels completely out of place.

Dragon Maid is only so wholesome because KyoAni dialed back some (though not all) of the fanservice from the manga and put more emphasis on the found family theme. Though I'd have to agree that it still makes the remaining fanservice seem more jarring as a result, which is honestly why I'm not a big fan of the series myself (though I know a few people who love it).

Regardless, even though I'm not a big fan of Dragon Maid, I'm glad KyoAni is still going ahead with a second season despite everything that happened with them in 2019.
愛Tenshi愛

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Awww, I can't wait! The new character looks so cute! I wonder what her personality is like! So exciting <3
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:44 pm Reply with quote
It seems to have a slight variance in animation style compared to the first season if u look at it. I guess a difference in animation style can't be helped since many of the original
animators as well as the anime's original director were killed in that fire. Sigh such a loss in talent Sad

Well at least Kyoani has managed to recover somewhat and are producing titles again, especially since this is one of my favourites series within the last decade and prob my fav kyoani anime. Summer can't come soon enough.
Misopup

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Yaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2