• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Network TV

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheFly

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:11 am Reply with quote
I thought the Oreskaband interview seemed familiar, then I realised why.

The ADV Bluray news was presented as an official announcement (via ICv2), but my understanding from the ICv2 article was that they had just heard it from "a highly placed source at the company". Have you verified this yourself with ADV? I only ask because the article said they intended to focus on their more recent titles for HD release, so if this is the official position it would imply they are very optimistic about clearing up their current licensing issues.
exedore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:40 pm Reply with quote
The episode says "TM Revolution will be making his east coast debut at NY Comic Con"....I think the fine folks at Otakon would be rather upset to find out that an imposter performed in his place at Otakon 2003...
Jarm

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:46 pm Reply with quote
I heard of Oreskaband somewhere, but never knew what songs they sang until now. Its kind of interesting to have a band that uses a lot of nontraditional instruments. Hope it catches on!
ConanSan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:22 pm Reply with quote
hang on, I thought Mike Toole was a fornightly treat...
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Awesome interview, it seemed like they genuinely had a good time while on our shores.

It kinda sucks that they couldn't get into some of the clubs. If they were in my area, they would have gotten around that by marking them VIPs with a liaison. But I suppose laws are different where ever you go.

Also good job with the news, I check the news on the site fairly regularly, but it is always good to hear some of the things actually spoken out and explained through talking. So it's great! Smile

Conan-san:
That's monthly.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
hang on, I thought Mike Toole was a fornightly treat...

This question has been answered about a zillion times; for the time being, Anime Jump will be featured in the last show of every month.
ChibiJosh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Jarm wrote:
I heard of Oreskaband somewhere, but never knew what songs they sang until now. Its kind of interesting to have a band that uses a lot of nontraditional instruments. Hope it catches on!

This being my favorite genre of music, the above statement has made me weep. So much so that I am forced to make my 5th post in 6 years.

It's called ska and it's been around for decades. It will never "catch on," the closest it has ever come is in the mid-90s, but that quickly faded away.
Moomintroll

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:00 am Reply with quote
ChibiJosh wrote:
It's called ska and it's been around for decades. It will never "catch on," the closest it has ever come is in the mid-90s, but that quickly faded away.

Whilst I agree with you that ska has been around for decades I'm a bit bemused by you saying that it will never "catch on" since it already has done - ska was enormously popular (particularly in Britain but also in much of the rest of the world) in the late 70s and early 80. Bands like The Specials, Bad Manners, The Selecter; The Special AKA; Madness and The Beat (known as The English Beat in the US) all had enormous popular success, including numerous number one singles between them.
And, of course, ska was a huge success in Jamaica long before that (prior to it being largely eclipsed by reggae music).
stopher87

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:51 pm Reply with quote
That interview was cool and all, but i would like to see more anime reviews. Even if the show is longer.
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:41 am Reply with quote
TheFly wrote:

yeah i'm confused. why dedicate an entire portion of the show to an interview that was already posted on the site last summer? is it to fill time?
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:54 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
TheFly wrote:

yeah i'm confused. why dedicate an entire portion of the show to an interview that was already posted on the site last summer? is it to fill time?

Just in case anyone who missed it,gets to see it.It looked to me like the interviewer,interviewed the group while they were waiting for their meal.I liked it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1