• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Isekai Boys-Love Manga 'Reincarnated Into Demon King Evelogia's World' Gets ComicFesta Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueRex666

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:37 am Reply with quote
Hey look another ComicFesta anime. At this point is anyone shocked they have started up a US division to directly licence their manga and anime for smut lovers here?
kyokun47

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:02 pm Reply with quote
BlueRex666 wrote:
Hey look another ComicFesta anime. At this point is anyone shocked they have started up a US division to directly licence their manga and anime for smut lovers here?
I'm wondering how any current hentai divisions like Kitty Media or Critical Mass (with their recent license of Interspecies Reviewers) haven't been able to get these properties for release here. Are these short-form series more expensive? Or are they not really on anyone's radar?
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:12 pm Reply with quote
kyokun47 wrote:
BlueRex666 wrote:
I'm wondering how any current hentai divisions like Kitty Media or Critical Mass (with their recent license of Interspecies Reviewers) haven't been able to get these properties for release here. Are these short-form series more expensive? Or are they not really on anyone's radar?

They're already available on Coolmic, but you can only access the website on mobile for some strange reason
BlueRex666

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:12 pm Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
They're already available on Coolmic, but you can only access the website on mobile for some strange reason

Cool, but I was thinking more in term of physical media.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:22 pm Reply with quote
BlueRex666 wrote:
MagicPolly wrote:

Cool, but I was thinking more in term of physical media.

In that case I assume it's because the market for english physical media for hentai and adjacent stuff isn't that large. Interspecies Reviewers had the whole controversy and was popular, but comicfesta anime tend to not be all that big. Not to mention IS is a full length show while all of these add up to like an hour (or less in some cases) of runtime. It probably just boils down to it not being profitable to release them physically.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:13 am Reply with quote
I'm so glad that we're getting more isekai BL! Talk about a goldmine waiting to be harvested!
BlueRex666

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:43 pm Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
In that case I assume it's because the market for english physical media for hentai and adjacent stuff isn't that large. Interspecies Reviewers had the whole controversy and was popular, but comicfesta anime tend to not be all that big. Not to mention IS is a full length show while all of these add up to like an hour (or less in some cases) of runtime. It probably just boils down to it not being profitable to release them physically.

If they can release things digitally, I see no reason they couldn't do limited physical release of manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1