• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Denpa Licenses Chika Umino's March comes in like a lion Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookiemanstah

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:22 am Reply with quote
As someone who has relied on scanlations to read this wonderful manga up until now, I’ll say it’s a bit late but amazing they’ve decided to bring it over legally considering the manga is super niche.

Side note: There’s more than enough material by now to do several anime cours but sadly the anime tanked in popularity and sales.
Jinbei

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:29 am Reply with quote
This fills me with nearly limitless joy. I had long since thrown hope about being able to read this in english in physical form rather than scans.

This manga and anime definitely needs more recognition from the larger anime audience(which, i believe, has happened ever so slightly due to netflix adding it to their roster), as this feels like it's a niche favourite of selected few. Sadly, drama and slice of life has hard time competing against the popularity of action/shounen.
ab2143

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:11 am Reply with quote
About time we get an English release of the manga.
cchigu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:41 am Reply with quote
This is my favorite franchise. I can't even express my joy.
R. Kasahara

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:54 am Reply with quote
I don't know much about this manga, but the buzz around it plus Denpa being the publisher to license it has me intrigued.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:15 am Reply with quote
I’ll be buying every single one. The anime is one of my favorite of all time (season 2 is the number 10 highest rated anime on MAL for a reason). It’s a shame their logistics is forcing Denpa to release them so far ahead in the future, I hope with enough planning they’ll at least release them quick (a volume every other month would be ideal) once they start coming out.

Also Aniplex, if you’re listening, please make a season 3 Crying or Very sad
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:27 pm Reply with quote
This was one of my most wanted licenses. It will be great to get more of the story after the anime ends but I just hope it will be digital too.

I know most manga is these days but some are only in print like Rose of Versailles.

Edit: And it not coming until 2022 is a real shame when we are already 15 volumes behind.
dragonquiz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Per https://twitter.com/denpa_books/status/1368259121066045442

Guess they're inundated with all of their other long form titles that were supposed to be finished in 2020, like inside mari, pleasure and corruption and kaiji. And all of that being pushed towards late 2021 to 2022 when complete - more so of pleasure and corruption and kaiji - and when that's done, they can start with this and the other two unannounced licenses. Hopefully also starting in 2022.
ARC-1300

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:13 pm Reply with quote
cookiemanstah wrote:
As someone who has relied on scanlations to read this wonderful manga up until now, I’ll say it’s a bit late but amazing they’ve decided to bring it over legally considering the manga is super niche.

Side note: There’s more than enough material by now to do several anime cours but sadly the anime tanked in popularity and sales.

on the note of the last half of what you said:

I was kinda thinking the same thing. it doesn't really look like the anime its ever gonann come back because of that. so this makes me happy that we can at least get the manga.
melmouth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:11 pm Reply with quote
It's a truly great series about a boy who's a bit withdrawn but has one great gift, and how he gradually becomes a man. The manga's creator understands human nature, and so this is bound to be good all the way. I was looking for something to replace long-ended "Spice and Wolf" and soon-ending "My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong As I Expected" in the "manga for grown-ups" category that I can collect, and now here it comes!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1