• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Legend of Heroes: Hajimari no Kiseki Game's Switch, PC Versions Launch on August 26

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Albion Hero

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Reminder this is JAPANESE releases for Switch and PC. NISA hasn't announced a localization yet.
Leviathonlx1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:58 am Reply with quote
Albion Hero wrote:
Reminder this is JAPANESE releases for Switch and PC. NISA hasn't announced a localization yet.

It at least makes it easier to use a certain thing that got released last year.
ZiharkXVI

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:44 am Reply with quote
One has to wonder for anyone who played through the last two Steel games in the west how odd it was we visited Crossbell and met the SSS. The story weaving some massive backstory that if you aren't super devoted to the series and found a way (like I did) to finally play through, you just gloss over because it really is two huge games that never made it over here. I dont get the idea of Hajimari coming to the west without those games. I will be happy when it does, but all I can say to Falcom is new fans really are just being dumped on. It wont mean as much to finally wrap up Crossbell without them.
I_Drive_DSM

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 1:57 pm Reply with quote
I tried to stay away from all the possible spoilers I could with Trails of Cold Steel but when arcs from both Trails in the Sky and Crossbell were brought into the mix in the last game that was the first thing I thought; "If you hadn't played those two games or weren't familiar with them then you were probably incredibly confused, more so than you would have been up until that point" There was probably enough confusion in Cold Steel III with Juna's fascination with Lloyd, then IV just hits you with even more characters and backstory to keep up with.

Possibly more unfortunate is that the earlier Trails titles are/were becoming more difficult to find in English. The English releases of all the pre-Cold Steel titles physically are getting to the point of unobtanium reasonably. It's quite an endeavor to ask players to be so dedicated to what is culminating to be one massive inter-connected story line when it has progressed for as long as it has.
AntiKuro

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Albion Hero wrote:

Ya, I wish this would of been clarified in the actual post. Was really excited for a second and remarking out loud to someone that I was surprised it got translated so quickly until I did a reread and realized it was Japan Only.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1