• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What are you playing right now? Why?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Video Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
francisbaud

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:14 am Reply with quote
Right now I'm not playing anything, though the last one I've played was Agar.io, a simple 2D browser-based multiplayer game (only a few times), and League of Legends in 2018. Beside those 2, I've playtested in-development MMOs for a few hours max.
Summer235

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:24 pm Reply with quote
For my PC, I'm reading Umineko since it's been in my Steam library for over a year and playing Resident Evil 2 Remake. I didn't start playing RE until I saw the ads for Village a few months ago and it peaked my interest, so I started last month. I finished Leon's story so now onto Claire's.

For my Switch I'm playing Story of the Seasons: Olive Town and I've been enjoying it. I like playing relaxing games like these before I go to bed.
Sun Saru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:17 am Reply with quote
Right now I'm playing Fell Seal and Saiyuki on PSX.
mariopepper

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Still playing VR games (the same as two years ago - as I wrote above in this thread) Very Happy
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Mass Effect, the legendary remake or upgrade. Whatever it is called.

Loved the franchise, so wanted to experience it with better graphics.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:12 pm Reply with quote
PUBG again.
SelmaAdam

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:29 am Reply with quote
Been playing FIFA on career mode.You will not get bored with cool music playing on background.
Chocobos

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Diablo 2
I know that the settings and mechanics will change a bit, but soon the premiere of Diablo 2 Resurrected (remake of D2).
I want to remember my childhood again Smile
Hopefully Diablo Resurrected will have the feel of the original Diablo 2
If you are interested I am going to sell my items for D2R here - all handmade
https://odealo.com/games/diablo-2/items

Last edited by Chocobos on Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
yuna49

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:19 am Reply with quote
Dragon Age Inquisition

I inherited my daughter's PS4 and discovered that version of the game had new areas to explore that were not available for the PS3. I already enjoyed the game a lot so I'm playing the revised version.
Chocobos

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:25 am Reply with quote
I'm still waiting for D2R
but for now I don't feel like playing. Soon premiere, server restart. So now I don't need to collect items that are lost anyway. I bought Doom Eternal, apparently it has a nice story (I like such demonic climates as Diablo, Resident Evil or Doom).
AFord11

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:02 pm Reply with quote
I’ve already been replaying a lot and completing Final Fantasy XII (The Zodiac Age remastered). It is a great retrospective experience that I collected all of the Espers and defeated all of the optional bosses.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:56 am Reply with quote
I saw Muv-Luv on sale on Steam so I thought I'd finally give one of these visual novel thingies a whirl. I just bought a wheel and been playing Project Cars 2 with it so I thought I'd want something story focused to go along with it. I'm about 4ish hours into Extra right now. Sumika clearly seems to be the best girl purely due to the chemistry she has with Takeru. They are like a comedy duo or something, constantly making fun of each other but they clearly know everything about each other. Sumika's hair ribbon is huge though, she looks like she has wings on her back. Samurai girl is pretty lame so far. I don't know how rigid these VN routes are though. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to prioritize Sumika at every choice and even avoid building relationships with the other girls, or if I'm allowed to be a bit more flexible with my choices and still end up on Sumika's route as long as I mostly choose her and almost always choose her during the "choose one of the girls" moments.

Now I have seen Total Eclipse and Schwarzesmarken so I kinda know some stuff and kinda don't. I don't know how the story is going to transition from Extra to Unlimited to Alternative (and don't want to know). Apparently in the original version you had to complete both Sumika's and samurai girl's routes to open up Unlimited, but the Steam version allows you to jump straight into Unlimited so I'm not sure yet if I'll bother doing multiple runs of Extra before I jump into Unlimited.

Anyway. Hasn't been particularly impressive so far. It did surprise me that it's fully voice acted. I kinda thought it wouldn't be. I think the dialogue is largely kinda fun so it's not boring the hell out of me, but I fear I might run out of patience before I even get to Unlimited. We'll see.
Chocobos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:20 pm Reply with quote
I've been playing Diablo 2 Resurrected for a long time, but the game is too short. I am currently waiting for Age from Empires 4 - and at the time I am playing AoE 2 Remastered
AniPharma

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:07 am Reply with quote
Playing the Legend of Heroes/Kiseki series and am on Cold Steel III (game 8 of 11).

This is like the MCU of video games. The thing is games 4 and 5 will just now be released in 2022, so people who skipped that will have no idea what is going on during the Cold Steel saga and beyond, so I highly recommend waiting or buying from Japan/China and getting the Geofront translation.
SenpaiDuckie
ANN Community Manager

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:49 am Reply with quote
So I'm practically playing multiple games, but who doesn't? Laughing

For this week, I've been playing Unpacking (80% done), Among Trees (Just came out yesterday and almost 60% done), Animal Crossing, and FFWOTV. Still, I'm looking for new games to play, haha.

I might also start playing Hundred Days, a wine simulator indie game... but I have been thinking of maybe playing Stardew Valley, if it is worth it. Cause there is news that the game dev is focusing on new game, Haunted Chocolatier. I thought of waiting for it but it is also true that it may take year or two for it to be out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Video Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 15 of 17