• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: HIDIVE Streams 3rd 'See-Through' Version of Mother of the Goddess' Dormitory Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:49 am Reply with quote
So there's an "even more uncensored version" for this show? Is there something else that needs to be uncensored? They'll show the p0n0s in the see-through version instead of the elephants?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:20 am Reply with quote
No, this just allows you to see what you get with the ATX broadcast but with steam and other forms of censorship still in place. No point in using this option when the other one is available
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:01 am Reply with quote
I don't really get what the point of this is if you already have the censored and uncensored versions but cool ig

Edit: I guess hidive answered it themselves
Quote:
First of all, why not? This way, you have ALL THREE versions of Mother of the Goddess’ Dormitory ecchi in one convenient place. Second of all, ever wished you could see through that suspiciously dense steam and those pesky beams of light in censored anime? Now you can! Literally.

"Just because we can", I respect that

Last edited by MagicPolly on Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:03 am Reply with quote
But doesn't HiDIVE already stream the AT-X version (which is the uncensored version that HiDIVE streams alongside the censored one)?
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Having 3 versions can bring confusion, but as someone who is waiting for the BD, it is simple. Cool
Penrhos

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:49 pm Reply with quote
The ATX version I watched only masked out his genitals with an elephant, with plenty of oppai & pantsu action so you're pretty unlikely to get anything more on Japanese TV..

However it doesn't really matter what version you watch as it's only a 3/5 show at best.

At least it's not as cringe as Val-x-love and Dokyuu Hentai HxEros yet - but it may stoop down to their levels given enough episodes. Still not Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid levels of badness though.
omegafinal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:27 pm Reply with quote
From an archival standpoint, I guess it's good they are including this third version for the sake of completion, and an interesting decision overall.
harminia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Considering how small their lineup is this season, I guess they don't have much else to do lol.
Joryn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:36 am Reply with quote
Penrhos wrote:
The ATX version I watched only masked out his genitals with an elephant, with plenty of oppai & pantsu action so you're pretty unlikely to get anything more on Japanese TV..

However it doesn't really matter what version you watch as it's only a 3/5 show at best.

At least it's not as cringe as Val-x-love and Dokyuu Hentai HxEros yet - but it may stoop down to their levels given enough episodes. Still not Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid levels of badness though.

As long as it isn't as awful as Redo of Healer, it'll be fine.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1