• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tokyo Mew Mew New Anime Teases Battle Costumes, Music in Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:23 am Reply with quote
Awesome! One of my favorite magical girl franchises is coming back, and one of my favorite composers is making the music?! SOLD! But I do have to ask...why is Mew Mint's hairstyle different from the old one? And why did they change Pudding's shorts to a dress?
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:25 am Reply with quote
This looks FANTASTIC!
Hika Yagami

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:47 am Reply with quote
[quote="FireChick"]Awesome! One of my favorite magical girl franchises is coming back, and one of my favorite composers is making the music?! SOLD! But I do have to ask...why is Mew Mint's hairstyle different from the old one? And why did they change Pudding's shorts to a dress?[/quote]

The new outfits are based off of the upgraded designs given to them in the Tokyo Mew Mew 2020 Re-Turn manga. Although, for Minto's hair style, in A la Mode and 2020 Re-Turn, she had her hair down without the buns in civilian form. It seems that the new design is a mix of that while keeping the hair buns. It kind of reminds me of her old prototype design that was shown before the first chapter of the original manga was published.
olgita

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:47 am Reply with quote
Omg, they look so pretty... Hopefully anime's gonna be good, or at least fun and entertaining Very Happy
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:10 am Reply with quote
Looking good! And the perfect composer!
Mew Berry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:47 am Reply with quote
I’m so excited for this. The original TMM was my first subbed anime and well obviously it still means an awful lot to me. The new art style is super cute and Takanashi was a great pick for composer.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:56 am Reply with quote
So is this new anime going to be a sequel and not a reboot after all? I'm still confused about which it's going to be. But I'm still excited for new TMM anime. I was really big into TMM back in early 2000s. I loved the anime and have all the manga. I can't wait for the return of Mint and Zakuro!
Haterater

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Looks good, but remember the older designs for so long. Sure will be used to it in time though. Did the other anime do the sequel manga, A la mode? Trying to gauge if the new anime is a remake, will it do all the manga, or sequel, do A la mode? Or just original sequel. So much speculation, lol!
1dbad

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:01 pm Reply with quote
^- No, the original anime never covered a La Mode.

I recently finished the original manga, and honestly, it's not that different from the old anime. If this is nothing more than a reboot that skews closer to the manga, then the biggest story difference will be length rather than content. (32 chapters vs 52 episodes) Personally, I'm hoping they flesh things out a bit, or at least make sure to adapt a La Mode and Re-Turn this time around.

The designs look great! I'm partial to the original seiyuu, but Lettuce and Pudding sound promising so far. I was half-expecting Yuki Hayashi as the composer, but Takanashi works too.
Thaumana

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:07 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
Awesome! One of my favorite magical girl franchises is coming back, and one of my favorite composers is making the music?! SOLD!

This! Especially delightful news regarding Takanashi who is contributing a magical girls score again! Always love how he nails the overall tones for all kind of series from different genres.
James_xeno

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:43 am Reply with quote
Oh man, talk about a blast from the past.. This looks really good. Can't wait.
yeehaw

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:24 am Reply with quote
The designs are nice and I think the voice actors sound great, I just have one problem. Ichigos hair! She has the same hair color as in the old anime when in colored illustrations she had bright pink hair!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1