• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Best and Worst of Summer 2021, Aug 12-18

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:09 pm Reply with quote
$*%(× it girlfriend girlfriend you had one and only one thing I expected from you. To keep the detective is already dead in last place!!!!
gRmLn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
$*%(× it girlfriend girlfriend you had one and only one thing I expected from you. To keep the detective is already dead in last place!!!!

LOL. I must be one of the few who kinda likes GxG so the low position is no surprise, but I had no idea DiAD was also doing so poorly.
Key

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:48 pm Reply with quote
^
Although I still like Detective, I'll freely acknowledge that it has some serious flaws, so its low ranking here isn't a surprise. It took an interesting concept and hasn't done anything that interesting with it.

On the other end, I'm not surprised that Dragon Maid is at the top, but if it's legitimately the best this season then it's only because the competition is really weak. It's one of the better-animated series of the season, for sure, but has not impressed me much otherwise. The sharp wit seen in the first season just isn't there, or at least nowhere nearly as strongly present.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DavetheUsher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:02 am Reply with quote
Dragon Maid at the top as it should be Laughing
taishou*

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:39 am Reply with quote
Glad Iruma-kun's getting some love. This season has been great and (if the manga is any indication) it only gets better and better.
Matros

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:51 am Reply with quote
MHA seems a bit too high considering how butchered this season was. But to each their own.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1