• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seven Seas Licenses 3 Manga, 1 Light Novel Series

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Casval Rem Deikun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:13 pm Reply with quote
God, I'm getting so burnt out with all these isekai/game stories. Their is much out their that has yet to get a english translation. Still waiting on Akumetsu and City Hunter to get an official english release, hopefully one day.

Having actually read some of 'Hunter of Heroes', I just don't understand why Seven Seas just doesn't get the rights to Redo of Healer and stop beating around the bush. Between Dungeon Builder, this and a few others they've released it makes no sense.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Glad I'm not the only one to have thought of RoH upon seeing this. Hard pass and I also agree with the isekai burnout.
RockSplash

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Casval Rem Deikun wrote:
God, I'm getting so burnt out with all these isekai/game stories. Their is much out their that has yet to get a english translation. Still waiting on Akumetsu and City Hunter to get an official english release, hopefully one day.

Having actually read some of 'Hunter of Heroes', I just don't understand why Seven Seas just doesn't get the rights to Redo of Healer and stop beating around the bush. Between Dungeon Builder, this and a few others they've released it makes no sense.

I'm waiting for Fate, the city series, and other Non-Isekai LNs to get released.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:27 pm Reply with quote
RockSplash wrote:
I'm waiting for Fate, the city series, and other Non-Isekai LNs to get released.
City Series is the ones that are part of Kawakami-verse, right? Considering they or too old or they need to release literal dictionary levels of books (OnC and Horizon infamously known as the record holders for their amount of pages in their volumes) - I hardly doubt they will have any interest in doing that.
RockSplash

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:30 pm Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
RockSplash wrote:
City Series is the ones that are part of Kawakami-verse, right? Considering they or too old or they need to release literal dictionary levels of books (OnC and Horizon infamously known as the record holders for their amount of pages in their volumes) - I hardly doubt they will have any interest in doing that.

True. Then maybe they should focus on gundam. The only novels here are the original trilogy. Almost every series has had multiple novels that have added info.
Asturaetus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Oh, cool that Dahlia gets an official release. And it's the better of one the two manga versions too.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:28 am Reply with quote
What a better way to beat the Isekai slump than to pick up something entirely different like the last manga on the list, Seibetsu-X? Read one perspective of what it's like to be non-binary or reflect on your own gender non-conformity.
...in manga form.
marshmallowpie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:03 am Reply with quote
Okay, I mostly hate reincarnation series but... getting reincarnated into the 90s is a bit intriguing.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:39 am Reply with quote
God, Wicked Trapper was such a meme.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:22 am Reply with quote
Wicked Trapper: Hunter of Heroes

This ones sounds like the most interesting one of the lot. Looking forward to it.
Dumas1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:44 pm Reply with quote
My first reaction to Wicked Trapper was, "Did this guy play too much Deception?" Because it sounds an awful lot like that series where you build traps and stuff to take out wandering adventurers. At least, that's the summary I remember off the back of a box spotted at Gamestop since I've never actually played any of the games.

I wonder how much longer the isekai fad will take to run its course. It's a premise with a lot of potential, one that's been used very effectively across media across the decades, but there really are too many series right now and I'm hoping it dies back to be just another niche or subgenre among many.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1