• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Demon Slayer Anime Unveils New Cast, Songs by LiSA & Aimer, Entertainment District Arc's D

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aerodynamic41

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:02 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The reel also announced that the Mugen Train arc will have a seven-episode television version, including an entirely new first episode, that will premiere on October 10. The remaining episodes will add 70 new animation cuts and new background music, as well as a new trailer.

This feels completely unnecessary and feels like a cash grab. The movie is fine the way it is.
cookiemanstah

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:08 am Reply with quote
Aerodynamic41 wrote:
Quote:
The reel also announced that the Mugen Train arc will have a seven-episode television version, including an entirely new first episode, that will premiere on October 10. The remaining episodes will add 70 new animation cuts and new background music, as well as a new trailer.

This feels completely unnecessary and feels like a cash grab. The movie is fine the way it is.

they did the same thing for dbz super and frieza. while it is super scummy, movie releases are separate from tv broadcasting usually so it's intended to speed up casual viewers on events
Telu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:11 am Reply with quote
So, it's only 1 cour, no problem.
RandomCommenter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:17 am Reply with quote
cookiemanstah wrote:

they did the same thing for dbz super and frieza. while it is super scummy, movie releases are separate from tv broadcasting usually so it's intended to speed up casual viewers on events[/quote]
They just aired mugen train on national tv and the amount of viewers that racked up judging by the reruns ratings+the absurd trending on twitter japan is going to be ridicolous. Casual viewers have no need to catch up to speed, this is very much milking.
paulchaested

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:20 am Reply with quote
So the rumors/leaks of the first cour being a TV rebroadcast of Mugen Train were true.
Erufailon4

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:26 am Reply with quote
Rendering the highest-grossing film of 2020 almost completely useless is one hell of a move but I personally don't mind rewatching it in serial format, it could even benefit from it. New LiSA songs is always great. Now the interesting question is if these two arcs are going to be treated as separate seasons because of the different names (in anime databases like ANN's encyclopedia or MAL).
SP654

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:29 am Reply with quote
These people can’t be fuqing serious about this they’re airing the entertainment district arc December 5 but while we wait they’re gonna reboot or whatever the Mugen train movie into an episode series and make some changes why the hell would they decide this, the movie was better as it is
cookiemanstah

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:29 am Reply with quote
[quote="RandomCommenter"]
cookiemanstah wrote:
They just aired mugen train on national tv and the amount of viewers that racked up judging by the reruns ratings+the absurd trending on twitter japan is going to be ridicolous. Casual viewers have no need to catch up to speed, this is very much milking.

well then on a more negative note, this IS a series being exploited for money now against the author's own intentions so it's not that surprising there either. I didn't know about the fact mugen train was aired on tv though.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:30 am Reply with quote
cookiemanstah wrote:

they did the same thing for dbz super and frieza. while it is super scummy, movie releases are separate from tv broadcasting usually so it's intended to speed up casual viewers on events

But with DB Super they went ahead and remade both films for TV, so they fit in better with the overall storyline of the series and were paced more effectively for television. Whereas Demon Slayer is apparently just recutting the movie and putting it on television with some new content. That feels cheap, especially since I can't imagine there are many fans left who haven't seen the film (it's the highest-grossing anime movie ever made, when you hit that level of popularity it's safe to assume that everyone who's interested has seen it.)
pikrodafni

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:32 am Reply with quote
Telu wrote:

How is it only 1 cour?If the whole season is 2 cour(24-26 eps) and the first 7(with one being original) being a recap,that still leaves 17-19 episodes at least
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:32 am Reply with quote
RandomCommenter wrote:
1"]

I mean there's still a large audience even outside of japan who have been unable to see the movie. This is fine to me.
RandomCommenter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:34 am Reply with quote
cookiemanstah wrote:

well then on a more negative note, this IS a series being exploited for money now against the author's own intentions so it's not that surprising there either. I didn't know about the fact mugen train was aired on tv though.

Well, it aired just now (last 2 weeks aired the reruns of season 1 which got 13-15% ratings). The announcements were right at the end of said broadcast.
Abraham Omosun

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:36 am Reply with quote
cookiemanstah wrote:

OK I can agree with the whole milking angle (though when the cow is this big...) but you are going to have to explain further on "exploited for money against the author's own intentions"
The Not so Chosen One

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:38 am Reply with quote
Lol of course they were gonna pull a DBS movies-to-TV re-edit with this anime. This just proves to me the Mugen Train arc should've been just another TV season, cour, whatever... instead of a movie, no matter how successful it ended up being, specially if the movie was gonna end up being re-edited for TV anyway.
Telu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:48 am Reply with quote
pikrodafni wrote:
Telu wrote:

How is it only 1 cour?If the whole season is 2 cour(24-26 eps) and the first 7(with one being original) being a recap,that still leaves 17-19 episodes at least

The only thing that i care is Yuukaku-hen arc.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4