• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My Hero Academia Anime Gets 6th Season

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HueyLion

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:04 am Reply with quote
-Pikachu Shock Face-

As if they weren't going to get another season.
NG_Chloe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:17 am Reply with quote
This just in. The sky is still blue. Shocking! Unheard of! Who would've guessed!?
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:32 am Reply with quote
Part of me is looking forward to this, yet at the same time, I'm not.

spoiler[Midnight... [insert crying emoji here]]
Honeyman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:29 am Reply with quote
It seems a common thing that every major shounen series that graces the pages of Shounen Jump has an arc named something something War (could anyone advise if Kimetsu no Yaiba and Jujutsu Kaisen avoided this without spoilers?)

Its not necessarily a bad thing but I guess I'd like the editors/creators to not have an arc named as such as its a little predictable what will take place as a result (maybe I'm being petty though as its just a convenient name for the tone of the arc for whatever series it belongs to).
Gasero

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:18 am Reply with quote
Honeyman wrote:
It seems a common thing that every major shounen series that graces the pages of Shounen Jump has an arc named something something War

Its common because war is a typical escalation of conflict for most 'battle' anime. Starting with small battles, then big battles, and then an all out war of constant fighting until either side gives.

Last edited by Gasero on Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Sinsekihokimchiansu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:47 am Reply with quote
The story continues, alright
crazieanimefan1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Makes me wonder if the whole season will be the Paranormal War Arc and how much they'll take out. It's an important arc. So I do worry a bit.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:07 pm Reply with quote
crazieanimefan1 wrote:
Makes me wonder if the whole season will be the Paranormal War Arc and how much they'll take out. It's an important arc. So I do worry a bit.

It will probably take up at least half of the season easily. Especially with how they are getting close to the manga. If the next arc wraps up by then they might adapt it as well.
matt78

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:13 pm Reply with quote
everydaygamer wrote:
It will probably take up at least half of the season easily. Especially with how they are getting close to the manga. If the next arc wraps up by then they might adapt it as well.

I wonder why the anime doesn't skip a season if the manga is so close. Its not like they couldn't adapt Vigilantes so there is something MHA related on TV. I think Vigilantes is one of the better spinoffs that I have read and deserves an anime adaption.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:22 pm Reply with quote
matt78 wrote:
everydaygamer wrote:

I wonder why the anime doesn't skip a season if the manga is so close. Its not like they couldn't adapt Vigilantes so there is something MHA related on TV. I think Vigilantes is one of the better spinoffs that I have read and deserves an anime adaption.

Well season 6 isn't happening right away, it probably won't happen until spring or summer at the earliest.
KitKat1721

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:48 pm Reply with quote
crazieanimefan1 wrote:

Considering the students are actually in the arc (unlike MVA), I'm not too worried about any major cuts actually.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:16 pm Reply with quote
everydaygamer wrote:
crazieanimefan1 wrote:

Considering the amount of manga content in the arc, I honestly think they should take an entire 25 episodes for this one. Trying to divide all the arcs by cours is the main detriment of the series right now, so they need to give it the proper breathing room for it to succeed. Not to mention, without spoiling too much, the end of the arc is literally the perfect cliffhanger to end the season off on.
crazieanimefan1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
everydaygamer wrote:
crazieanimefan1 wrote:

Considering the amount of manga content in the arc, I honestly think they should take an entire 25 episodes for this one. Trying to divide all the arcs by cours is the main detriment of the series right now, so they need to give it the proper breathing room for it to succeed. Not to mention, without spoiling too much, the end of the arc is literally the perfect cliffhanger to end the season off on.

I have to agree. They won't skip anything if they do that. What I'm worried on is the censorship, like this season. There's so much they might mess up. Yet I was watching a Chinese anime and they have a warning of "Adult Supervision Required" and they could do that and not censor so much.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm hoping there won't be another movie in production alongside this season.
The Not so Chosen One

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:11 am Reply with quote
matt78 wrote:

I would love a Vigilantes anime adaptation. I hope it happens, since MHA is too successful of a franchise to pass that opportunity up.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2