• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pop Team Epic Anime's Rebroadcast Gets Remixed Cast, Stream on Crunchyroll

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blahmoomoo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Funimation and HIDIVE are also streaming this version of the show. Also, Funimation released the Blu-ray, not Sentai, and Netflix had since fixed their version and have the full version of the show.

As far as I can tell, the only visual difference is the beginning of the first segment displays Encore in the upper right corner (which would normally happen in the second segment) and the beginning of the second segment displays Encore in the upper right corner twice.

Another notable difference is the French animator was dubbed over in Japanese, and the Japanese Popuko and Pipimi voice actors dubbed over the French animation (it was originally French; the second segment version also still has Japanese subtitles).

Of course, there's also the normal slight wording differences and bits of ad lib here and there.
yeehaw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Sign me UP
OjaruFan2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:18 pm Reply with quote
blahmoomoo wrote:
Another notable difference is the French animator was dubbed over in Japanese, and the Japanese Popuko and Pipimi voice actors dubbed over the French animation (it was originally French; the second segment version also still has Japanese subtitles).

I remember noticing that and felt surprised. I was wondering why the French voices got dubbed over and eventually figured out that it was just the staff adding subtle differences as they've done throughout the show.
blahmoomoo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:27 pm Reply with quote
OjaruFan2 wrote:
blahmoomoo wrote:

I remember noticing that and felt surprised. I was wondering why the French voices got dubbed over and eventually figured out that it was just the staff adding subtle differences as they've done throughout the show.

Two other changes that someone else noticed was the Bob Team Epic segments no longer voiced by AC-bu and the Totoro visual gag being less censored. Little changes like these keep bringing me back to the variations of this show.
FLCLGainax

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Why are they remixing the show? Hasn't it been remixed enough?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1