• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Yo-kai Watch TV Anime Gets Compilation Film on November 12

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:28 am Reply with quote
Such a shame it didn’t catch on in the US, despite Level-5’s best efforts.
OjaruFan2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:03 pm Reply with quote
CastMember1991 wrote:

While we don't have any more episodes here in the US, Viz Media is still publishing one of the manga. The English edition of vol.18 was released back last month.
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:23 am Reply with quote
OjaruFan2 wrote:
CastMember1991 wrote:

While we don't have any more episodes here in the US, Viz Media is still publishing one of the manga. The English edition of vol.18 was released back last month.

Interesting to see. That said, there was no way in hell that it was going to be the next Pokémon. Like Doraemon, it aired on Disney XD - which was a channel you had to pay extra for. Both shows bombed as a result, and are only known among us hardcore anime fans.
OjaruFan2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:37 pm Reply with quote
CastMember1991 wrote:
Interesting to see. That said, there was no way in hell that it was going to be the next Pokémon. Like Doraemon, it aired on Disney Anime hyper - which was a channel you had to pay extra for. Both shows bombed as a result, and are only known among us hardcore anime fans.

Yeah, alongside them being on a premium channel that not a whole lot of households have, I think the Japanese licensors and Disney's TV division had outsized expectations for both shows. When both shows didn't bring in the desired ratings (and possibly desired merchandise sales), Disney X-D pulled the plug.

New episodes of Yo-kai Watch and Doraemon might come to the US in some form. For example, stream in Japanese with English subtitles on Crunchyroll (which sounds unlikely, but still possible).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1