• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Streams She Professed Herself Pupil of the Wise Man Anime's English Dub Simultaneou

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Kind of surreal seeing a simuldub in this day and age.
Vizo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:20 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:

Right? There have been so many pandemic-related delays that it's hard to believe we can get same-day dubs again. I hope they'll be able to do so without interruption. Consistency is key and it was such a treat to have a popular anime like MHA get dubbed the same day as the original broadcast.
merr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:43 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:

I expect they’ll drop off this schedule quickly, unless this is like Fruits Basket and the entire show was produced a season early and dubbed in advance.
matt78

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:58 pm Reply with quote
merr wrote:
I expect they’ll drop off this schedule quickly, unless this is like Fruits Basket and the entire show was produced a season early and dubbed in advance.

Isn't this show one of Funimation's co-productions? If so that might allow them to get the materials early enough so that they can dub the whole thing without any problems.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:47 pm Reply with quote
yes, it is a co-pro. Probably a good chance it will stay a same day dub for the whole run like the last two
Leviathonlx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:26 am Reply with quote
merr wrote:
MFrontier wrote:

If this entire show was finished early it makes the terrible animation and CGI even worse lol

Last edited by Leviathonlx on Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:36 am Reply with quote
Dub sounds decent, show is interesting, unfortunately it looks like it was funded with whatever the animators had in their pockets at the time.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:48 am Reply with quote
A co-production would make sense. Outside of really big shows, I think that is how they've been able to get materials ahead of time. I'm not expecting that it'll keep being a same-day dub, though. It would also help explain why this particular series ended up with a dub right away since it didn't seem like it was a big enough title to warrant the extra effort, and the CGI in it kind of says as much. I'll be honest, that part has me kind of concerned since the main character's deal is summoning an army, so we're probably going to see a lot of that CGI.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1