• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: VTuber Uruha Rushia Withdraws from Garibenger Event Due to Poor Health

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bvick00

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:02 am Reply with quote
I hope she gets better, especially after that unnecessary af hatred and vitriol she received recently from some of her stans
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:15 am Reply with quote
I hope she takes the time she needs to properly rest and recover.
The WP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:40 am Reply with quote
Bvick00 wrote:
I hope she gets better, especially after that unnecessary af hatred and vitriol she received recently from some of her stans

'Stans' - I really hate that part of idol fandom where they are unable to have relationships of any sort because of what I hope is a vocal minority. But that vocal minority keeps all of this taboo.
DeceptiTom

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:52 am Reply with quote
I hope she's ok.

People need to realize Vtubers are human beings and while they are there to entertain you are there to support. I cant stand this. Reminds me of what happened to Coco and recently Calli.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:51 pm Reply with quote
The WP wrote:
Bvick00 wrote:

'Stans' - I really hate that part of idol fandom where they are unable to have relationships of any sort because of what I hope is a vocal minority. But that vocal minority keeps all of this taboo.

It's unfortunate that a minority like that tends to be very loud. Real fans aren't going to want something to happen that causes an entertainer to leave, but it's hard to ignore them, even with an outpouring of support.
Naotomato

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Well wishes. Just remember the people who harassed her are not real fans or human beings.
livin_large

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:08 am Reply with quote
DeceptiTom wrote:
People need to realize Vtubers are human beings and while they are there to entertain you are there to support. I cant stand this. Reminds me of what happened to Coco and recently Calli.

That depends on the Vtuber. If we're talking about one that built the majority of their persona and fanbase on offering the girlfriend experience then it's of course going to be a huge deal when something like this happens. I know anyone can call themselves a vtuber these days by just throwing up a JPEG on screen while they stream, but if we're going by the original concept and groups they're supposed to be characters.
Bestgirl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:31 am Reply with quote
I think she will be fired soon just like Coco and Aloe.
Nate148

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:05 pm Reply with quote
That's not what happened at ALL also this shit is NEVER OK.
ATastySub
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:02 pm Reply with quote
livin_large wrote:
DeceptiTom wrote:

That depends on the Vtuber. If we're talking about one that built the majority of their persona and fanbase on offering the girlfriend experience then it's of course going to be a huge deal when something like this happens. I know anyone can call themselves a vtuber these days by just throwing up a JPEG on screen while they stream, but if we're going by the original concept and groups they're supposed to be characters.

No it does not “depend.” Nothing you’ve said here excuses abuse. It doesn’t matter if they’ve got a fancy 3D model or a jpeg the point is there’s a human being behind it. “They’re supposed to be characters” doesn’t mean it’s ok to abuse or harass them because you shouldn’t be doing that to anyone playing a role. It’s basic human empathy and is actually very easy when you’re not busy trying to justify terrible actions.
thieftheodore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:30 am Reply with quote
Rushia isn't blameless you know, she's known to stalk her higher paying viewer and got mad when said viewer is talking/posting/interacting about other girls. If this so called stan are subhuman because what they did, then what Rushia did is animal abuse
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:15 am Reply with quote
thieftheodore wrote:
Rushia isn't blameless you know, she's known to stalk her higher paying viewer and got mad when said viewer is talking/posting/interacting about other girls. If this so called stan are subhuman because what they did, then what Rushia did is animal abuse

IRL streamers on Twitch do that as well, except you don't see the anger due to said simps donating to others. So simp stalking is not unusual, but the way she reacted to it is unusual, but it doesn't excuse the hate.
strawberry-kun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:35 am Reply with quote
thieftheodore wrote:

She plays a yandere. At times anyway. That’s a part of her schtick. She’s not serious and does not actually harass her viewers. Some people clearly need help distinguishing between reality and fiction. None of that in any way justifies the real life harassment, death threats, and nastiness that comes with the dark side of the idol scene. These are real people. That kind of garbage is never okay. Ever.

#WeLoveRushia
thieftheodore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:29 pm Reply with quote
strawberry-kun wrote:

she’s not serious and does not actually harass her viewers. Some people clearly need help distinguishing between reality and fiction.

I membered her for quite sometime and there's one time she cancelled a minecraft stream because one of her high paying viewer is "cheating" also most of the hate actually came from mafumafu fans and vtuber hater in general
strawberry-kun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:00 pm Reply with quote
thieftheodore wrote:

I membered her for quite sometime and there's one time she cancelled a minecraft stream because one of her high paying viewer is "cheating" also most of the hate actually came from mafumafu fans and vtuber hater in general

That literally changes nothing about what I said regardless of which fanbase has taken the news worse. I know antis, haters, or whatever you want to call them are a problem too. The behavior is gross regardless of where it comes from.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2