• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aniplex Reveals A-1 Pictures' Engage Kiss Romantic Comedy Anime With Teaser

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustMonika

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:56 pm Reply with quote
I'm all on board with this one Very Happy
09jcg

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:14 pm Reply with quote
A Maruto story with Tsunako art backed by A-1 studios animation? I'm all in on this. The story on the surface sounds generic but knowing Maruo he's going to twist this in wonderful ways
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:41 pm Reply with quote
An original romcom anime penned by Fumiaki Murato with Tsunako character designs? And with that cast This is a must-watch.

(Also kind of funny how two original romcom anime were announced in the same day. I wonder if that was intentional).
SpiritSmoocher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Hope this works well for the creators. But surprised this is just a rom com with no sci fi elements to them. Felt for sure aniplex would go for a sci fi story since it corresponds well with tsunako's character designs and tends to be more successful in the long term.
Gray.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:34 am Reply with quote
Kisara is just Nepgear. Lol.
JustMonika

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:19 am Reply with quote
Gray. wrote:
Kisara is just Nepgear. Lol.

I'm definitely not gonna complain Laughing
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:28 am Reply with quote
SpiritSmoocher wrote:
Hope this works well for the creators. But surprised this is just a rom com with no sci fi elements to them. Felt for sure aniplex would go for a sci fi story since it corresponds well with tsunako's character designs and tends to be more successful in the long term.

Honestly I'm wondering if there's some kind of twist to this and the Love Flops show rather than being straight up romcoms.

Not that I'm against them being straight up takes on their genre, but Maruto being involved here makes me wonder.
SpiritSmoocher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:44 am Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
SpiritSmoocher wrote:

Honestly I'm wondering if there's some kind of twist to this and the Love Flops show rather than being straight up romcoms.

Not that I'm against them being straight up takes on their genre, but Maruto being involved here makes me wonder.

The reason i am asking this is because a few of their last rom coms like oresuki and bokuben ended with a short run and not much buzz. Given how aniplex is looking for big hits and how large Dal has gotten, i expected for aniplex to at least mimic dal designs since dal designs are popular sell a lot of figures. My only assumption is that this is more of a one off show rather than an ongoing series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1