• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New York Comic Con to Premiere Lucky Star, Code Geass

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShugoYotsuba

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:53 am Reply with quote
LUCKY STAR RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS WENDEE LEE , she does a good job of playing Konata!!!

CODE GEASS RULES!!!!

I hope the dub is good considering Johnny Yong Bosch plays Lelouch, and guessing from the trailer it might be

FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:40 am Reply with quote
Sugoooooi! Very Happy I wanna see! But I can't because' I plan on going to Otakon! DANGIT!! I wanna see Lucky Star!

Edit: Did they say what time they're gonna show them? Like 12:00 PM or 10:00 AM or 1:30 PM or something like that? That's what I'd usually like to know. I just talked to my dad and asked him if we could take a stroll up to New York Comic-Con for a little bit. He'll think about it.
Starre257

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:06 am Reply with quote
Eh... I was hoping for Code Geass to come on Adult Swim a little sooner than that... but whatever.
phoenixphire24

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:17 am Reply with quote
I hope they make an announcement about when Code Geass will be released. Dare I hope they might show this at Fanime as well?
omnistry

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:36 pm Reply with quote
ShugoYotsuba wrote:
CONGRATULATIONS WENDEE LEE , she does a good job of playing Konata!!!

Please tell me that's sarcasm, because her Konata's the absolute worst. Although I'm a fan of Lee she does not do the part justice. Granted the whole "Japanese dub is better than English dub" has been beaten like a dead horse; but Aya Hirano made Konata. Anyone who has seen the English trailer and compare it with the Japanese track can see that.
bleuster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:55 pm Reply with quote
I wish Adult Swim would air Lucky Star. It's the perfect show to bridged the other anime shows and their comedy productions.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:57 pm Reply with quote
I don't think Adult Swim would air a show like Lucky Star. I mean, there's like no overly bloody violence which that's the kind of show that they prefer. Besides, its not popular enough to be on there anyway. I'm not being mean or anything. Just saying.
kokuryu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:00 pm Reply with quote
YAY!!! FINALLY!!!! LUCKY STAR!!!!

I hope they keep the original openings and endings, otherwise it's gonna suck - those were the things that made this so cool!

I hope they re-do the website and radio shows for Lucky Star too - that would really be cool!
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:20 pm Reply with quote
I think they'll keep the openings and endings. All anime companies (excluding 4Kids) always keep the anime's opening and ending.
zetsuie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:45 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
I think they'll keep the openings and endings. All anime companies (excluding 4Kids) always keep the anime's opening and ending.
actually funimation doesn't they sometimes redo the opening and ending with english lyrics.
Yuukichan's Papa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:43 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
I don't think Adult Swim would air a show like Lucky Star. I mean, there's like no overly bloody violence which that's the kind of show that they prefer. Besides, its not popular enough to be on there anyway. I'm not being mean or anything. Just saying.

Well that and it doesn't have the broader appeal of say Haruhi when it's removed from its fanpandering (and I don't say that in an insulting way because I love both shows) elements. Yes the girls are cute and the humor that the mainstream audience could understand and appreciate is there but the crux of the show revolves around dozens of references that sometimes even the hardest of hardcore anime and/or game fans would find going over their heads.

Not to sound like an elitist because I don't want to, but the standard Adult Swim audience wouldn't really be able to enjoy a show like Lucky Star, lack of violence and action or not.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AstralSaudade

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:30 pm Reply with quote
zetsuie wrote:
FireChick wrote:
actually funimation doesn't they sometimes redo the opening and ending with english lyrics.

The keyword being, "sometimes". They didn't do so for FMA.

Back on-topic, I wish I lived in America right now so I could watch. Anime hyper Right now, whenever Johnny Yong Bosch comes to mind, I think of Vash the Stampede from Trigun, or Itsuki Koizumi from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, who are quite different from Lelouch. But I have faith that he can pull this role off.

I'm currently halfway through Code Geass, but I have not yet watched Lucky Star...though I hear good things about it.
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:37 pm Reply with quote
omnistry wrote:

OPINION.

You don't have to agree, but it wasn't sarcasm. Why can't she be happy just because you're not?

>.> Honestly, I always thought Hirano's voice was annoying. Well, for Death Note, anyway.

I'm attending Comic Con, but only for a day, I just want to go to that concert, I may try to watch Lucky Star.

I heard people have pre-ordered the DVD to death already.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:03 am Reply with quote
Oh. I'm sorry. I just don't want people to worry. That's all. Sorry if I sounded like a stupid person there. Anyway, back on topic. I wonder if my dad and I will go to Comic-Con next month? I mean this was really short notice.
Ranma824

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:34 am Reply with quote
Honestly - My opinion is, "What the Hell Bandai!?"

Premiere it at Anime Boston, or Sakuracon - why the hell at NYCC?? Last I heard, anime and manga are still in a little corner that nobody cares about at NYCC.

I'm all for getting your shows out to more people, but at least premiere the shows at an ANIME convention!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2