• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NieR:Automata Ver 1.1a Anime Delays Episodes 9 & Beyond Due to COVID-19

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-Matthew-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:53 am Reply with quote
I am no more surprised. How can they even have the shame to state that COVID is the reason. It looks so awful. I am very disappointed. They shouldn't take this project if they can't make it in time.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:54 am Reply with quote
Sigh, here we go again. Also, at this point it is hard to tell what delays are actually due to covid and which ones are due to other causes but covid is just a nice scapegoat.
el_morris

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:55 am Reply with quote
Ok I'm playing devil's advocate a bit here... Couldn't be that the series run out of time slots for keep on air, just like 86 did?
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:59 am Reply with quote
el_morris wrote:
Ok I'm playing devil's advocate a bit here... Couldn't be that the series run out of time slots for keep on air, just like 86 did?
Nope, if we go for just the timeslot - they at least can run episodes 9 and 10 before Mashle takes its place on the timeslot in April.

So yeah, it's the wombo-combo of Aniplex PC casually ruining the things and the running time.

Last edited by WANNFH on Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:59 am Reply with quote
-Matthew- wrote:
I am no more surprised. How can they even have the shame to state that COVID is the reason. It looks so awful. I am very disappointed. They shouldn't take this project if they can't make it in time.

It also makes little sense, why resume a series that has been delayed for a while and then delay it once more a few weeks later? Surely the problems they face right now did not pop up out of nowhere.
el_morris

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:01 pm Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
el_morris wrote:
Nope, if we go for just the timeslot - they at least can run episodes 9 and 10 before Mashle takes its place on the timeslot in April.

So yeah, it's the wombo-combo of Aniplex PC casually ruining the things and the running time.

Well, it was naive for me to give them a little bit of benefit of doubt then.
TheSleepyMonkey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:02 pm Reply with quote
GET YOUR S__T TOGETHER, ANIPLEX
olgita

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Well, that's a lie
SP654

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:25 pm Reply with quote
I knew it, I FU*KING knew this SH*T was gonna happen AGAIN!!!
FreshIngredient

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:25 pm Reply with quote
These hick ups are really hurting the potential of this show, I'm trying to stick with it but these delays are really killing the momentum for me.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Sure, we are not mind-readers as to what the real reason for X show is. I knot that COVID-19 is still an issue in Japan but I sometimes think Japanese productions use that as an excuse to epi. of X show. I know what they say about the word "assume", though.
Eddy2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:39 pm Reply with quote
The fact that this show still doesn't have a confirmed amount of episodes really only proves how much Aniplex doesn't give a shit about taking more time to plan things out. Not to mention Misfit still isn't back yet.

Can't wait to see Mashle suffering from the exact same nonsense…
TheSleepyMonkey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Sure, we are not mind-readers as to what the real reason for X show is. I knot that COVID-19 is still an issue in Japan but I sometimes think Japanese productions use that as an excuse to epi. of X show. I know what they say about the word "assume", though.

You're forgetting the fact that studios tend to often outsource animation or other parts of the process to China, which is very much getting affected still.
catone2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:32 pm Reply with quote
CORONEX strikes again, though that's a fat lie given people already pointed out that they took on way too many projects and have overloaded themselves.
JohnRhogan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:35 pm Reply with quote
It's Shine Post all over again. It's bad enough Kobi-san new episodes have been delayed until April. I do agree with one of the comments, that Aniplex shouldn't have taken on this project if they can't guarantee a non-stop season.

FOX used to do this shit with 24, back in the day, so they could run American Idol, pissing off viewers like myself. By the time S4 of 24 came around FOX started doing the non-stop seasons, until the writer's strike happened and delayed S7, therefore giving us 24: Redemption.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3