• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Idolm@ster Shiny Colors Game Gets TV Anime With Theatrical Screenings This October

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:23 am Reply with quote
my Rinze fan self happily approves of this new, illumination STARS is bound to be the main POV though.
RobbiRobb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:15 am Reply with quote
Interesting to see Shiny Colors already getting an adaption with Million Live not even released yet. Wondering how the rest of the world will get those two, I remember Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These getting released on Crunchyroll pretty much simultanously with the release in cinema. But that didn't have a TV release after... Well, we'll see how and when we'll get it.

Also not yet entirely sold on the CG, looks a bit... clunky. But then again, this is just the first look, we'll see how it evolves. Still, it seems there are more and more productions in full CG, I feel there haven't been that many just a year or two ago.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:10 am Reply with quote
I'm not surprised, with how popular the franchise is, even Shiny Colors, the weakest installment would eventually get an anime.
catone2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Love Shiny Colors a lot so I'm very happy, has the best girls in the franchise for me.
Looks like they moved to full CG outside of Bandori for Imas.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:48 pm Reply with quote
I want to be excited for this, but of all the studios they had to pick, they went with Polygon? The studio with the awful CGI for just about everything? Why make it an all-CGI show?
71Miriam17

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Oh look, more anime from this "females are not allowed to be producers" or "females should not do things without their male sugar daddy being around" series. Japan always favors male self-inserts over the female ones. Idolmaster, Uma Musume, Kancolle, Priconne, FGO, and GBF. Even Idolmaster's SideM even got a male producer despite being a male group for female audience. No offense but these franchises are very sexist.
catone2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:06 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
I want to be excited for this, but of all the studios they had to pick, they went with Polygon? The studio with the awful CGI for just about everything? Why make it an all-CGI show?

That said, the CG quality and art direction looks more than fine in the 30 seconds we see and key visual, so that's promising! Given how good Million Live looks, I don't see Bamco letting this botch. They're confident enough to air the entire season in theaters months prior to TV airing.
Matcha.8

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:34 am Reply with quote
catone2 wrote:
FireChick wrote:

That said, the CG quality and art direction looks more than fine in the 30 seconds we see and key visual, so that's promising! Given how good Million Live looks, I don't see Bamco letting this botch. They're confident enough to air the entire season in theaters months prior to TV airing.

Not familiar with this series but was intrigued with Polygon's involvement in an idol series, which is a curios combination. Just wanted to point out that most of the trailer is very still, which is why it could be misleading. When the character starts moving in the last few seconds, I can already see Polygon's fingerprint over the whole thing, and not necessarily in a good way. It's still a teaser and things could look better in the end product.
scineram

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:02 am Reply with quote
Polygon, NOOOOOOOOOOO! So the CG wasn't just the PV. It's dead to me already.
DamianSalazar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:11 am Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:

Someone hasn't seen Levius yet.
catone2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Matcha8 wrote:
catone2 wrote:
FireChick wrote:

Not familiar with this series but was intrigued with Polygon's involvement in an idol series, which is a curios combination. Just wanted to point out that most of the trailer is very still, which is why it could be misleading. When the character starts moving in the last few seconds, I can already see Polygon's fingerprint over the whole thing, and not necessarily in a good way. It's still a teaser and things could look better in the end product.

Did you see the short Dance PV? What do you think of that one? Yea, I'm hoping it's going to be just fine given they're so confident to have it air as a 3 Part Movie in theaters 6 months prior to airing, so we'll have to see...

It's weird how Imas went the Bandori route.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1