• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Announces Release Schedule for Spring 2023 Anime Season

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiwi93

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:09 am Reply with quote
Not a bad line up overall a couple of shows have my interest.
DamianSalazar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:12 am Reply with quote
Disappointed that they're not giving an English dub to Skip and Loafer, Magical Destroyers or Rokudo's. I suppose that's for the Blu-Ray release. I hope Mashle's English dub (if there's any) is being done by Aniplex.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:22 am Reply with quote
Man, those are a lot of dubs. Though, I wonder why The Witch from Mercury is only dubbed in English and Hindi? I'd like to watch in Spanish and also to see it dubbed in other languages as well
-Matthew-

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:22 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the series.
Otousama

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:27 am Reply with quote
No Demon Slayer?
paulchaested

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:30 am Reply with quote
Otousama wrote:
No Demon Slayer?

It's pretty obvious that it'll come. They have 1 TBA in their "Seasonal Pick" category which is definitely reserved for Demon Slayer and they're probably saving this announcement for their last wave of announcements to drum up anticipation or something.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:35 am Reply with quote
Still very excited for Dr. STONE S3, and having the dub start so soon after the season begins. I'm looking forward to watching it twice: once in sub by myself and then in the dub with my husband. Anime hyper

Also excited for Sacrificial Princess and the King of Beasts. I know nothing of the source material, but the trailers have me curious. Although not sure if I'll end up watching it right away, but it's definitely on my list of things to watch this season.
Reddread2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:39 am Reply with quote
Surprised and Bummed Mashle doesn’t have a English Dub (at least for now) it’s a popular Jump Series and it’s has quite the following in the US. Maybe it’s Aniplex of America holding off in case it gets delayed like other Aniplex titles?
RemGalleuSimp

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:50 am Reply with quote
Just fyi ANN

CR's own English Dub List - https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2023/03/22/crunchyroll-spring-2023-dubs-include-hells-paradise-anime-and-more

Lists 'Yuri Is My Job!' with an English dub as well while you guys dont.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:51 am Reply with quote
Kiwi93 wrote:
Not a bad line up overall a couple of shows have my interest.

Not bad? As much as I dislike Crunchyroll I will never be able to say that their lineups are not strong. Why? Because CR usually has a lineip of 30+ titles and 4-5 highly anticipated shows each season.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:55 am Reply with quote
I’m genuinely shocked that Mashle isn’t listed with a simuldub (yet).
nl_TvdL

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Angel M Cazares wrote:
Not bad? As much as I dislike Crunchyroll I will never be able to say that their lineups are not strong. Why? Because CR usually has a lineip of 30+ titles and 4-5 highly anticipated shows each season.

Why would you dislike Crunchyroll? I personally like them more then all the others. Netflix and Disney treat anime half-heartedly and Hidive has a much smaller library and locks out more than a few countries.
donhumberto

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Helleyah! My Home hero is getting a dub and that's all I need to know Laughing
DanMatcha

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:50 pm Reply with quote
I’m surprised Sentai didn’t get ‘The Café Terrace and Its Goddesses’ after their deal with MBS to license anime from them. Also, it’s nice to see that Disney+ won’t be taking most anime based on Kodansha manga, as a large chunk of these anime are Kodansha titles.
Kiwi93

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:06 pm Reply with quote
DanMatcha wrote:
I’m surprised Sentai didn’t get ‘The Café Terrace and Its Goddesses’ after their deal with MBS to license anime from them. Also, it’s nice to see that Disney+ won’t be taking most anime based on Kodansha manga, as a large chunk of these anime are Kodansha titles.

I believe the MBS deal goes into effect in July for the summer season, also Disney was never going to get all of the Kodansha titles more like they’re getting the big Kodansha title of each season (this winter they had Tokyo revengers for the spring they’re getting Heavenly dilusion) Crunchyroll still seems to licence most Kodansha titles as they streamed about 10 or 11 this winter season and are streaming a couple this spring as well. Sentai/Hidive also gets a few Kodansha titles here and there as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3