• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Delicious in Dungeon Anime's Teaser Trailer Reveals Main Cast, More Staff, January 2024 Debut

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 8:11 am Reply with quote
Easily one of my most-anticipated series for next year, and it looks great (as expected) in animated form.

For those who haven't read the manga, it's plot-light on the front end but there is one and it becomes more prominent as the series progresses. (It would start becoming more prominent during a second cour if the series gets one.) It has some interesting world-building to go with the mix of "cook and eat what you kill" and dungeon-delving elements and should feature actual recipes. Definitely one of the more unusual spins on foodie series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
-Matthew-

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 9:07 am Reply with quote
Great news! Hope for 24-26 episodes minimum! Manga reached its climax so there is a chance that there will be a COMPLETE adaptation!
CelticMutt

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 9:49 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Easily one of my most-anticipated series for next year, and it looks great (as expected) in animated form.

For those who haven't read the manga, it's plot-light on the front end but there is one and it becomes more prominent as the series progresses. (It would start becoming more prominent during a second cour if the series gets one.) It has some interesting world-building to go with the mix of "cook and eat what you kill" and dungeon-delving elements and should feature actual recipes. Definitely one of the more unusual spins on foodie series.

Have they announced how long it will be yet? I'm hoping that since (from my understanding) Kui didn't want to do an anime until the series was done/almost done, that they manage to cover the entire thing.
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Looks great sounds great. Very excited for this! <3
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Looks like a fun show!
Cryten

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 2:30 am Reply with quote
I remember being recommended the manga by a comic book store owner a while ago and buying the first volume. I was not really enamoured with it, finding it technically interesting (though background would often be very simple) but never finding enjoyment in it. I hope that in anime form the pacing will be enough to make it more engaging.
AsleepBySunset

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 5:44 am Reply with quote
My interest is peaked, and I'm planning on watching this... at some point, but I hated Kuutei Dragons for the whole executing and butchering dragons thing, so I'm probably going to hate Dungeon Meshi.
Minos_Kurumada

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 3:16 pm Reply with quote
AsleepBySunset wrote:
My interest is peaked, and I'm planning on watching this... at some point, but I hated Kuutei Dragons for the whole executing and butchering dragons thing, so I'm probably going to hate Dungeon Meshi.

Never watched Kuutei Dragons, but, Dungeon Meshi it's a glorified cooking book with some DnD plot as background noise.

Quite frankly, half the series is dedicated at explaining stuff like like how monsters with multiple brains work and how that knowledge can help you to kill it.

The other half its dedicated at how to properly prepare it and cook it, said preparation its as realist as possible based in real life animals, the series even gives you a nutritional information on how many proteins, carbs and calories stuff like an hypothetical slime ramen would have.

Monsters are also shown as non-sentient beings, even those with human appearance.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1