• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Vampire Hunter D's Kikuchi, Takaki to Attend Anime Expo

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:44 pm Reply with quote
I must say after reading the first volume of the D manga, that he was right to select Takaki.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Beruda

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Oh man I would love to see and meet HK. Vampire Hunter D is of of my
favorite characters.

B.
Veoryn87

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:03 am Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
I must say after reading the first volume of the D manga, that he was right to select Takaki.

I didn't like the art myself. It's detailed and all, but it's just weird seeing these characters look so ugly when Hideyuki constantly describes them as beautiful in the novels.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:57 am Reply with quote
Veoryn87:

Are you talking about the Count(I think that was his title)? Because if you are, then I agree. But I thought the rest of the main characters conveyed a prettiness without losing the dark and gritty atmosphere. I find that to be somewhat important, but admit it's a fine line to walk.

Of course things like art are completely subjective. Just like the varying preferences of it thereof. So please don't take this as me arguing with you. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Veoryn87

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:10 am Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
Veoryn87:

Are you talking about the Count(I think that was his title)? Because if you are, then I agree. But I thought the rest of the main characters conveyed a prettiness without losing the dark and gritty atmosphere. I find that to be somewhat important, but admit it's a fine line to walk.

I was just meaning D and the girl (forgot her name) actually.

Quote:
Of course things like art are completely subjective. Just like the varying preferences of it thereof. So please don't take this as me arguing with you. Wink

I know. I was just voicing my opinion, as you are voicing yours.
Sticks

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:00 am Reply with quote
I myself enjoy the artwork related to the manga. It's not too traditional and stays true to the story and the characters in D's world. I look forward to the next volume and hope that I can get the first volume autographed from both of them Wink .
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:49 pm Reply with quote
That's cool. I might actually go now, since my Amnesia and Wicked City dvds need autographing. It'd be nice if Kawajiri joined up, too, but he's probably still stuck on Ninja Scroll 2. Crying or Very sad
Proman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:07 am Reply with quote
I wish I could go and see this for myself. I regard "Wind Named Amnesia" one of the most interesting and misunderstood anime films I've ever seen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1