• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Duplicate Persons.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JackCox

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:16 pm Reply with quote
This is mostly an error but Jakie Cabe does have his last name capitalized, it appears that whenever I go and enter a credit in his name I have to put his entire full name in the first name slot so this needs to be fixed so that someone can find him in C and make it easier.
JackCox

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Actor Jason C. Miller has two aliases and the proof can be seen in the resume on his website, yet the roles are correct because you can see the roles from his two aliases appear on his website, as well as the ones from his regular name.

His Aliases

are

C.J. Mills

and

J.C. Miller
asterphage

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:42 am Reply with quote
Eiji NAKADA #12244 (less common rendering)
Eiji NAKATA #7658 (more common rendering)

I've often seen Nakata's name rendered as Nakada in romaji within the text of Japanese sources referring to works that clearly involved this animator and not another person with a similar name.

The example I've seen most recently is in Geass.jp's gallery of promotional artwork that the series' animation staff did for various magazine articles on the series:
http://www.geass.jp/first/gallery/g_new_06_nakada.html
Clearly shows Nakata's name in kanji, but rendered as "Nakada" in the English text.

I don't have any positive evidence handy that the Nakada who worked on Argento Soma is the same person as Nakata, but if necessary I'll check the Japanese credits on the series itself.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Netto-kun

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Persons Tati Keplermaier, Tatiane Keplemaier, Tatiane Keplermair, Tatiane Keplermaier and Tatiane Kemplermaier are in fact the same person. Her real name is Tatiane Keplermaier and the other names are mistakes.

And her brother Tiago Keplermaier, Tiago Keplemaier and Thiago Keplermaier are the same person, with the last being his real name and the other names are mistakes.
JackCox

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 9:48 pm Reply with quote
I still can't believe these three haven't been at least fixed

First
Heather Bryson LeMaster#9582
Heather Bryson#2494
Heather LeMaster#13242

Second Is Kate Oxley #58589
Whose previous name while not married was
Kate Borneman #47560

Third Is Alison Viktorin #57987
Whose previous name while not married was
Alison Retzloff #20347
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:32 am Reply with quote
JackCox wrote:
I still can't believe these three haven't been at least fixed

First, I don't put non-Japanese names in priority unless they are easy fixes (e.g. simple misspellings) because 1) there are union issues 2) I'm not familiar with those names so I need solid sources, not "because I say so" types.

Second, neither you or ANN issue my paycheck, and there are still 600+ manga and 1200+ error reports waiting in the line. Care to tell me "get a life" instead of sitting in front of a computer all day long in this sunny Sunday, while my coworker goes scuba diving?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 6:57 am Reply with quote
To be fair, I did report Alison Retzloff/Victorin 2 years ago and was confirmed by Chris Bevins himself last November along with Kate Borneman/Bornemann/Oxley as change of name due to marriage.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:26 am Reply with quote
(Sigh)

As far as I know, I'm the only non-administrator who can merge people's entries. An important fact of the the Encyclopedia is that merging (people, companies, and anime/manga titles) is not a reversible procedure, thus we need volunteers not only enthusiastic but also VERY CAUTIOUS AND CAREFUL. Unfortunately, some veteran users/staffs could still create new errors (even worse that some of which are irreversible) that made me about to smash my monitor, and some of those unfixed "relics" still bother me even today. It's not that I've never made mistakes myself, but through the years I've developed an SOP to minimize human errors, and even discovered some tricks to manipulate the database that even Dan had not realized until then.

That said, I have to admit that me alone am not enough to cope hundreds of errors reported in this thread. However, training a helper (if there's any candidate) takes time, and I'd rather have none than a trigger-happy one.
JackCox

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:51 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
(Sigh)

As far as I know, I'm the only non-administrator who can merge people's entries. An important fact of the the Encyclopedia is that merging (people, companies, and anime/manga titles) is not a reversible procedure, thus we need volunteers not only enthusiastic but also VERY CAUTIOUS AND CAREFUL. Unfortunately, some veteran users/staffs could still create new errors (even worse that some of which are irreversible) that made me about to smash my monitor, and some of those unfixed "relics" still bother me even today. It's not that I've never made mistakes myself, but through the years I've developed an SOP to minimize human errors, and even discovered some tricks to manipulate the database that even Dan had not realized until then.

That said, I have to admit that me alone am not enough to cope hundreds of errors reported in this thread. However, training a helper (if there's any candidate) takes time, and I'd rather have none than a trigger-happy one.

I would absolutely love to do it, I know of many many similar names and I feel that there's a lot of things that have been unsettled. I'm not trigger happy but I could really use some powers to fix certain names.
JackCox

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Here is one, There are two Paul taylors

One is the Actor Paul Taylor and the other is the Translator Paul Taylor.

Paul Taylor #7967
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:57 am Reply with quote
doc-watson42 wrote:
Tony TAKA (#61084) and Taka Tony (#56841) are the same person, who is actually called just "Tony", e.g., here. The source of the confusion is his site's URL http://www.bekkoame.ne.jp/i/taka_tony/, and his E-mail address, taka_tony[at]i.bekkoame.ne.jp.

IMHO it would be best to create a third entry, "Tony", enter in it the information from the first two, and make the first two redirects, as well as aliases in the third entry.

A bit more information is to be found in this blog post, though I can not vouch for its veracity.

Last edited by doc-watson42 on Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Evan Jones
Evan O'Conner Jones

Same person, an audio Engineer for FUNimation. The only proof I have is email correspondence I happened to have with him back when he was working in Kiddy Grade (where he is credited as Evan Jones, but he happened to mention his full name in the email) so cannot provide concrete evidence here.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Evan Jones
Evan O'Conner Jones

Same person, an audio Engineer for FUNimation. The only proof I have is email correspondence I happened to have with him back when he was working in Kiddy Grade (where he is credited as Evan Jones, but he happened to mention his full name in the email) so cannot provide concrete evidence here.

CrystalAcids.com lists his complete name under their "Evan Jones" entry, though I know that this is not definitive. :-/

Edit: There is a telephone listing for an "Evan O & Andrea N Jones" in FUNi's home city of Fort Worth, Texas.
Xenofan 29A

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:41 pm Reply with quote
This entry should be merged into this one.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:42 am Reply with quote
I think Callie Young = Stephanie Young. Take a gander at these screenshots from Desert Punk's end credits. I know that end credits aren't the end all, be all, always correct resource that they should be, but...
Episode 1

AND
Episode 24

As more proof, (that I unfortunately can't post) in the extras on disk one, Jeremy Inman and Zach Bolton, both ADR directors, introduce her as Stephanie Young for her audition, then go on to say that they ultimately picked Stephanie Young. From what I can tell, she starts the series out being credited as Stephanie Young, but she is only credited in episodes that she was in, so it's a little hard to keep track. There are only 3 episodes that they call her Stephanie though (1,2,3). Then, starting in episode 9, and up until the end (including the feaux finale in episode 20), she is credited as Callie Young for some reason.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 45 of 144