• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2009 Pokémon: Diamond & Pearl Movie's Teaser Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Dialga and Palkia are still at it? This battle will span two movies!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:35 pm Reply with quote
anther movie what is that 45th one
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:00 pm Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
anther movie what is that 45th one

Says it's the 12th in the article.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Ari-chan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:44 pm Reply with quote
That Dialga just can't seem to get along with anybody. Laughing

I like that they seem to be using a continuing plot-line for the last few movies.
inu-liger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:29 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

I'm not sure how many people may realize this (seems to be a limited few), but the people behind the movies stated quite a while ago around the time movie 11 was announced, was that movies 10-12 would be a 'Gods trilogy', hence why these battles have been carrying over. Movie 12 SHOULD be the last in the Gods trilogy, and then 13 will carry on having a new plotline afterwards. Hopefully anyways.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:32 pm Reply with quote
inu-liger wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

I'm not sure how many people may realize this (seems to be a limited few), but the people behind the movies stated quite a while ago around the time movie 11 was announced, was that movies 10-12 would be a 'Gods trilogy', hence why these battles have been carrying over. Movie 12 SHOULD be the last in the Gods trilogy, and then 13 will carry on having a new plotline afterwards. Hopefully anyways.

Wow, it'll go on for three movies?

You know, the problem is, there are too many "legendary" Pokemon in the current generation of games. It used to be, you got Mew and you were estatic. Now, catching Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Heatran, and several others is fine, but they all seem less special for being so many in number. The pantheon of Pokemon gods and deities are nearly as large and complicated as real (lol, real) pantheons.
bci110

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:05 pm Reply with quote
inu-liger wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

Well if that's the case, then I suspect that the 12th movie should have Arceus in it since it's consider to be the "god" of Pokemon, and the last of the Legendary Pokemon to appear in the games.
inu-liger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:03 pm Reply with quote
bci110 wrote:
inu-liger wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

Well if that's the case, then I suspect that the 12th movie should have Arceus in it since it's consider to be the "god" of Pokemon, and the last of the Legendary Pokemon to appear in the games.

I would not be surprised if Arceus is in movie 12 for that reason, at all. I think we'll expect to find out by Xmas, or early 2009, what legendary Pokemon the movie will feature, as well as the official title.
archer9234

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:54 am Reply with quote
Of course Arceus will be in the 12th movie. Each film follows there order in the Pokedex entries.
BakuganFan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:47 am Reply with quote
Did Someone Postes A Video About That On Youtube?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1