• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ryoko Fukuyama's Nosatsu Junkie Manga to End in Japan

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:20 pm Reply with quote
It was interesting and funny for a while, but then it got somewhat repetitive. And that statement is opposite to what I said over six months ago about it. So, it's ending, and there's not really much to it, for sure.
geishageek

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Its a shame TP stopped publishing this. I enjoyed it immensely. Like fighterholic says, it does get a little repetitive but i really liked the character designs and I liked where the story was headed.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:07 pm Reply with quote
well I was think about starting this show and if it actually has an end in sight well that's a plus considering things like boys over flowers which just got long and lost it's charm Rolling Eyes
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:32 pm Reply with quote
the story was headed in somewhat of an interesting direction, but somehow, it fails to capture the attention of the reader at an important time within the storyline. It is funny, that I can say. But, it just doesn't have enough for the characters to really bring something of a fun element into the storyline, therefore, it has come to what it has.
wangyamaki

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:14 pm Reply with quote
It was pretty good while it lasted but i would perfer fruits basket any day then that manga.Why?Its story line (no was not makeing any sence) but-sometimes tends to get off track and the reader would need to read from the begining to understand what the whole plot is about.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:48 am Reply with quote
Fruits basket was long and overrated IMO I would rather something like this or skip beat! Even beauty pop over fruits basket.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:52 am Reply with quote
zanarkand princess wrote:
Fruits basket was long and overrated IMO I would rather something like this or skip beat! Even beauty pop over fruits basket.

Meh, you're entitled to that opinion, but I think that more people would probably take Fruits Basket over Nosatsu Junkie, including myself.
geishageek

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:44 am Reply with quote
I would def take FB over NJ anyday. Althought I completely hated the way FB ended. It's a shame that the later chapters of NJ arent as compelling as the beginning ones. It may have been one of my faveorites if it had handles itself a little better.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1